Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Big 3!

Here's where it all started 3 years ago...
I just love this picture of Jackson. This was taken 2 hours after he was born - the first time I really got to hold him or see him. He had a difficult birth so it took awhile to get him into my arms! He was so freaking little! Can't believe he's grown so much.



Anyway, Jackson turned the big 3 on Wednesday. He had been avoiding the topic of his birthday like he was a woman about ready to hit 4-0! But he finally came around about it. We had a really beautiful day for the most part. I really think he had a good birthday.



Here he is getting ready to blow the candles out on his birthday cupcake. When I asked him what he wanted for his birthday, all he would say was "chocolate cake!" That's just what he got too! We stopped at Sweet Indulgence after the park and picked it up while he was sleeping. His eyes lit up when I showed it to him at home! We all went to the Prairie Play park in Urbana. We picked up McDonald's on the way and ate there. Then we played and went for a walk on the paths to look at the sculptures. This is a really cool park. It's absolutely huge and so much toh to see and do. Jeremy and I used to go there back in the day and rollerblade! Now that's a funny thought! It was a little chilly to start with but ended up really warm by the time we left.





Who's playing here? Daddy or Jackson????












Jackson got out of the wagon and walked around this interesting sculpture. I really like these pictures. I know everyone I show them to is going to say, "what the heck is that?" But I like them!
This last picture is very modelisque (interpretation - very model like)! Look at those eyes!


Happy Birthday Big Boy! Love you!

No comments: