Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Sharing Trains

This afternoon Jackson and Jeffrey were playing at the train table. There was a lot of talk which consisted of Jackson instructing Jeffie how to play, yet not touch his trains. I went over to the table to see what exactly was going on. Jeffrey was super excited jumping up and down and laughing and having a grand time but every few moments he would grab for one of Jackson's trains. This causes Jackson to scream like a girl and try to smack his hands away.
I said to Jackson that he should share his trains with Jeffrey. Before he could start the protest, I remembered that Jeffrey got one train car for Christmas and I started to tell Jackson to find it in the bin under the table. I didn't even get the words out of my mouth before I looked down and saw that Jackson had already found the train and Jeffrey had it in his hand. I was stunned. I said, "Jackson, that was so nice that you found Jeffrey's train so he could play with you." Jackson looked up at me and said, "You bettcha, pal!"
Where does he come up with this stuff???
This was THE sweet moment of the day. The rest of the day they were hurting each other or fighting over toys. Before Jeffrey slammed the bathroom door on Jackson's head, he rammed the fire truck so hard into Jackson's ankle that he cried hysterically. Jackson did his fair share too, sitting on/smashing Jeffrey's legs so that he's move away from one of his toys and trying to drag him by his neck. They're killing me!! I don't want to think about the years ahead of me when it comes to fighting. Ugghh.

Also if you're looking for someone to wipe your nose, Jeffrey's your man!

1 comment:

Runaway Farm said...

Oh how cute! It only took a year for that to happen. They'll be best buds in no time!
Since I have a cold I think I need a nose wiper is Jeffie available?