Monday, September 15, 2008

First Day of Preschool Layout

I have to admit I'm pretty proud of this layout. It's nothing fancy or super creative but I love it because it contains great journaling and all the pictures I wanted to use. That's really been my goal in scrapbooking lately - focus on journaling and the pictures and not so much on the embellishments. Don't get me wrong I love all the scrapbook supplies (I own them all) but I think I get was getting distracted by them and not focusing on what was important to me. I'd look back on my pages and think it looked good but it had no journaling.
Anyway...
I used this little envelope pocket and file folders. This is an old Creek Bank Creations product. I did the journaling in the folders and thought they were rather empty so I decided to add my not so great pictures of the boy. I think the result was great. In case you can't read them, the folders are Pictures, Schedule, Facts.
Thanks for asking Mindy!




Here is the journaling from the Facts folder:
Jackson – Right Now
-Is 3 years old & 5 months.
-Has started randomly telling us he loves us.
-Can’t go to bed @ night w/o a kiss & a hug from both of us.
-Always says he wants to go shopping.
-Loves to eat at Steak N Shake. Calls the shakes – Steakashake.
-Draws recognizable objects like Ms. Puff, cats & fish. Amazing!
-Likes to play really rough with Jeffrey. A lot of chasing, pushing, screaming, & laughing.
-Still says “There’s the guy!” when we pull into the school (church!) parking lot or just drive by. There is no guy?!?!? This has gone on all summer.
-Starts talking the second he wakes up till the moment he falls asleep.
-Loves Sponge Bob, Max & Ruby, & anything to do with trains.

1 comment:

Runaway Farm said...

I love your lo! I especially love the way you used your photos in those little folders. Did you make your own folders? I think I have that folder/envelope thing too. Maybe this would be a good thing to use for a Reesey month page -- I am so far behind on those!