Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

We had a nice day - can I say the weather was absolutely beautiful?!?! It was in the mid to high 60's all day long and super sunny. Jeremy took Jackson golfing this afternoon while Jeffrey was napping. I had a few hours to myself so I scrapbooked of course. (I'm making Christmas presents, can you believe that? Well one is a Birthday present and another is for Christmas.)

So we did a little bit more decorating before it was Trick or Treat time. Nothing like waiting till last minute but it looked cute when it was done.



This was the first year we've taken the boys out to Trick or Treat. Jackson has never wanted to wear a costume since he's been old enough to do it (that is my definition of "old enough") so we've just always stayed at home and passed out candy. Passing out candy is something Jeremy absolutely looks forward to every year - he loves to do it! So anyway, Trick or Treating was a success. They both loved it. They were very unsure about other treaters wearing scary costumes. (I have to admit some of them are scary to me. I can't imagine what a 3 year old thinks about them.) Jackson wore his Thomas the Train costume and Jeffrey went as a frog. I tried to take pictures of them together before we left and this is what I ended up with...
Let's just state for the record that Jeffrey will NOT do anything he does not want to do. There is no negotiating. He didn't want his picture taken with Jackson so he was NOT going to have his picture taken. He is a drama boy. Notice his expression, one would really think that Jeremy was riping his arm off. All he was doing was trying to make Jeffie stand next to Jackson. Love the picture, hate the attitude. He wears me out so quickly these days. Jeremy brought up the fact awhile ago that someday Jeffrey will be 3 years old...that is a scary (terrifying) thought. 2 weeks before Jackson turned 3, the crazyiness started but has really eased up within the last month or so. Personally, I can not even think about Jeff being 3, I'd really rather not. So this picture is about as good as it gets. But the funny part is that it really is telling the story of our lives right now. Great scrapbook material.
We really had a good time. By the end of the night, Jackson was trying to scare the treaters by yelling "boo!" at them as the walked away from the door!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Cute, Cute, Cute! But what happened to the pirate costume? I thought he was being duct taped in it no matter what?