
It frosted last night and it was so cold this morning when I got up. I went to bed early and that extra hour of sleep really helped! I was wiped out from yesterday's festivities! Yesterday morning I took the boys shopping for new underwear. Jackson needed new panties so we went to Kmart. He's in a weird spot right now - one size is too small and the next size is way too big. Frustrating problem to have when it comes to underwear!
After we came home, I had a huge project to tackle. I painted my new old furniture so I could get my scrapbook stuff reorganized. It again had exploded all over the living room. Piles everywhere you looked and nothing had a home. The main issue is that I've bought way too much. There you have it, I have finally admitted that I've bought too much/too many scrapbook supplies. If you know me very well, you'd know that I'm an all or nothing type of person (I can already hear my husband & sisters saying 'that's an understatement'). If I do something, I overdo it (by about 50 times). I know nothing about moderation. This is true in every aspect of my life. The fact that I work at a scrapbook store and have access to buying everything and anything I want is a major issue. My boss said she's worried my husband is going to make me quit my job since I have bought so much stuff this year. So for the month of November, I am on a buying hiatus. (Here's my disclaimer: I have a couple of orders from Stop & Scrap and ScrapGal that I have placed and have yet to receive. So these don't count! I don't want to hear about it when they come in.) I'm also hoping to make a bunch of Christmas presents this year & that will totally eat up my stash. I really enjoy using my supplies. I'm not one of those scrappers that holds on to things & cherishes them. If I did that, I'd have to have bought another house for my paper alone!
Here's some proof of one of my major addictions: Thickers. Yes, I have a lot...but see that empty space in the container?? That empty space means I can still buy more. I own a lot of these but I'm sure there's other scrappers out there than own more than I do. I can name names if I have to!

Here's what the cabinet looked like before I started on it.

I liked the aqua color but it was also white on the outside and it was filthy. I knew there was no way it was going to come clean so I really had no choice but to paint it. I decided to use some paint I already had so I choose black. Before we left yesterday morning, I'd put the 2nd coat on it, and hoped it would be dry by the time we got home. Luckily it was because I had a lot of work cut out for me. I needed to get the scrap stuff organized and out of the sight of trick or treaters. So I got the cabinet in place in the playroom and started loading it up.

I got a lot of stuff on it but I'm not exactly sure this is how it will stay. I did end up getting everything reorganized and put away and was finished about 15 minutes after Trick or Treating started. We're taking a solid 3 hours of work here. I also got some things loaded into the old dresser. I have to be careful of what goes in here but it smells old inside and I'm afraid any paper or embellishments that I put in there will pick up the odor. (Just want I want - stinky scrapbook supplies.) I decided to put my punches in one drawer. I laid them out so I no longer have to dig through them all looking for what I need.

I also made a small drawer of the punches the boys use.

Here's my living room scrapbook closet finally cleaned up again.

Here's one of the bad things I found: a HUGE amount of pictures that need to be put away in my Cropper Hopper picture organizer. I dread doing this but I really need to get it done before the pile gets any bigger.

Here's the best thing I found while doing this:

a clean space to work again!
That's the best inspiration of all. ;)
1 comment:
Looks really good! I think you need no more thickers -- maybe a 12 step program for that is what you need. Too funny! I wish my desk was that clean -- you should see it I scrapped on my bed and my stool last night -- little messy.
Post a Comment