Thursday, May 20, 2010

I'm Rich

One of the many things I inherited from my Dad...

Photobucket
..this 80 pound horse (yes, I said 8-0) is now all mine.

You know exactly where you stand with this dog - she either loves you or she HATES you. Unfortunately, her hate list is much, much longer than her love list. I'm hoping that in time we can change that. Dad always brought her to our house when he stayed with us so she feels pretty comfortable here and likes the four of us. I wish I could say the same for the rest of our family. Her only exception is my brother in law, Aaron. She doesn't mind him. She seems to prefer people who aren't trying to be nice to her. If you talk baby talk to her or try to pet her, you may loose your hand. I know that I will never need to buy an alarm system for our house while killer dog is around.

She and Jeremy have become fast friends. I think I can safely say my husband isn't exactly a dog lover but she may have already wormed her way into his heart. He went to the gas station last night and he took her with him. I wish I had snapped a picture of the two of them in the cab of the truck together. It was a sight to see!

I must admit that this giant dog warms my heart a little bit too. Jeremy and I laugh because my Dad would have an absolute fit if he knew we were letting her in our house. He didn't let her in his house and when she came here, he always made her stay in our garage. She now has a spot in our living room where she plants herself when we tell her to lay down. She is very well behaved and we're hoping that it rubs off onto our other two mutts. Photobucket
I hope it would make him happy to know that we are taking care of his Daisy.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

She looks like a hunting dog in that first photo. I wish she liked me but she kind of freaks me out maybe over time. Thanks for being her owner ... I would have hated to do anything else with her ... Dad would wanted her taken care of and at least if this situation doesn't work out I know you will try to find her a great home.