Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Here We Are!!

Today, I'm finally starting a blog. I have been contemplating it for quite awhile now. What made me finally do it??? Mindy, my sister, told me that you can have your blog made into a bound book, sorta like a scrapbook. YES! ANOTHER TYPE OF SCRAPBOOKING! I was instantly sold. I love scrapbooking, my one and only hobby. So I decided to give it my all. I love reading other people's blogs and hopefully I will like posting on my own. I'm not sure if mine will be interesting to anyone but me! : )

This is also a great time to start this blog to because I'm about 9 months pregnant with my second baby. 35 weeks today to be exact. I've had a rough pregnancy but things have calmed down and have been going smoothly for awhile now. I also have a son, Jackson, who just turned 2 a little over a week ago. He is growing and changing everyday. There's never a dull moment with a toddler around. I'm a SAHM and love it. I can't imagine working anymore. I quit my job a year ago this month and it's been wonderful. It was just what my family and I needed. I also have a husband, Jeremy, and we have been together over 8 years. Can't believe it's been that long? That's what he says too. It just doesn't seem possible.

We are in the process of getting our house ready for the baby. I'm very happy to say that we are about 90% done. I still have a few things in the baby's room that need to find a different place to go but other than that I think we are ready. We spent two days last week working nonstop on organizing and cleaning the entire house. You name it and Jeremy & I went through it, cleaned it, organized it, threw it away, gave it away, or eBayed it! I love doing that. I can say our house is virtually clutter free. It's only taken me a year and a half to do but it's all done. I started doing FlyLady in January '06 and have been gradually working towards cleaning everything out. I have almost every room done except what is now the baby's room. It was our only storage space since we don't have a basement and the garage is off limits to anything not approved by Jeremy. Our garage is his space for his tools and I don't ask very often to store anything there because answer is always the same. So the extra room was where it all ended up. The closets in our house are for clothes and a few other things. I don't like to store things in our bedrooms that don't belong there and I also don't store things under the beds. (I used to do that as a kid and the memories of cleaning out under my bed aren't pleasant ones!) So anyway, I've finally let go of some things that I've been holding onto since I started the declutter process. It was stuff that I thought I HAD to have but since I haven't used it or looked at it for quite awhile, I figured it was time for it to go. It really does feel good to get rid of or donate stuff to charities that you no longer need. As crazy as it sounds, it makes me want to keep doing it even though I have nothing else to declutter! To make a long story short (too late!), the house is ready for this baby. Now as for the rest of us, we'll see... :)We got the baby's crib & mattress last week and Jeremy put it up the same night. I don't plan on the baby sleeping in it for awhile but it made me feel better just to have it ready. Jackson slept in the pack-n-play or in the swing (due to acid reflux) in our bedroom for quite a while. I think he was about 3 months or so before we really started putting him in the crib. So I plan to do the same with this one but you never know how things will happen. After the baby is born, we are planning on repainting this room. I guess I should say that we don't know if we are having a boy or a girl so therefore we are waiting to do any painting. If it's a girl, it's going to be pink with brown trim and if it's a boy, I am leaning towards a green apple color with brown trim as well. I bought two different blankets from Amy Coe's baby line at Target so I'm using them as my inspiration items for paint choices. I've also bought pink storage baskets that are currently under the crib. If it's a boy, those will be going back as well. :( Jeremy is against having anything pink in a boy's room, which I can understand. So here's what's left to move out. One tub is full of stuff to sell on eBay or give to to Goodwill. Another tub is all of the fish decorations that we used for Jackson's 2nd Birthday party. I am planning on eBaying them in a big lot. Then there's the misc scrapbook items like my Cricut, 12x12 frames, and a basket full of papers. It's my goal today to get this done.

So this is me and my little family...I'm sure I'll be back with more later today.

No comments: