
I sure did! I even picked up my "scrap closet" a little this afternoon so I could post a picture of it. It wasn't messy because I haven't done a whole lot of work lately. I've been really busy the last few weeks with Jackson's birthday party and cleaning/organizing/getting ready for the baby that I haven't had time to scrap. If I had a few hours, I usually was too tired! Anyway, here's what it looks like at the current time. This is closet in our hallway that I cleared out awhile back and claimed for myself. Besides my tiny little linen closet at the other end of the same hallway, this is the only closet we had for storage. But now it's mine! We are planning on putting in some hanging kitchen cabinets and bottom cabinets with a counter top. I was hoping to have this done before baby was born but it isn't going to happen. (I'm not about to start a remodeling project at this point either. We were having one of our bathrooms remodeled right before Jackson was born. It was suppose to be done by our due date but I started having complications and had to be induced 2 weeks early and the contractors were still working on it when we came home from the hospital. Needless to say, it wasn't very pleasant experience that I care to relive.)
I recently went through all my supplies and reorganized them and got more storage boxes and it's much easier to keep it picked up and organized. It's funny for me to remember that about a year and a half ago, I had all my supplies in a small Rubbermaid container and I don't mean one of the 20 gallon totes. I mean in one that was half that size! Now, I can hardly fit it all in this closet!
So far for the year I think I've made 42 layouts which is pretty good for me. I don't think I did more than 5 in the month of March either. I was getting caught up on my scrap-to-do-list but now I'm starting to get behind again. Plus with the baby coming, I will have another book to start and keep up on and I probably won't be having a whole lot of spare time to do it either! I've already put together a smaller 8x8 album that I will use to keep track on monthly milestones, which I plan to refer to when I do my regular 12 x12 album. That's something that I didn't do with Jackson and I totally regret it. I do have some written down but I was lazy about it and it's so easy to forget what they were doing at what age. Time just gets away with you. Plus I thought I would never forget all the details. WRONG!!!
So hopefully in a few months I will be able to post a new picture of my newly remodeled scrap closet. If it's done by the end of the summer, I'll be happy. I have a feeling we are going to be too busy around here to expect it to get done any sooner.
By the way, I did get the baby's room finished today. Everything that needed to be taken out of there is now gone. I have a trunk load in my car for goodwill (that makes two trips this week) and I also threw away almost another whole garbage bag full of paperwork and old junk. It's amazing how fast things accumulate. I think I have **officially** gone off the deep end. I took pictures of our entire house today in it's current state of organization perfection. I know anyone who sees the pictures is going to think I'm crazy but I'm pregnant and that's all I can say. : ) My intentions were really two fold. First I want to make a scrapbook page for the baby's album about being ready for it's arrival and secondly I like to have pictures of all the places I've lived. I organized ALL my pictures last summer and I found some of all the old apartments I had lived in in the past few years and it brought back a lot of memories. I hadn't taken any of our house recently so I thought this was a great time to do it since it's in good order.
This really is a red letter date in history.
MY HOUSE IS OFFICIALLY AND TOTALLY CLUTTER FREE!
1 comment:
Wow! I am super jealous! Your scrap closet looks good. I wanted to do stuff yesterday but didn't happen. I'm back on the ebay binge instead -- remember I can only do ebay or scrapbook not both!
Love you,
Mindy
Post a Comment