Where has a whole week gone??? I guess I have been busy! We went to Mindy's on Friday for the weekend. It took me a while to plan our trip because it was the first time we had gone away with Jeffrey. I think I did pretty well packing wise and didn't forget anything at home or at her house, which is REALLY good for me since I can't remember a darn thing right now. Jeremy & I went out to dinner by ourselves on Friday night. It was the first time we'd went out without the kids in a long time. We ate and then went to Target to pick up some things. It was really nice. Mindy & Aaron watched the kids for us. We tried to go after the four 2 year olds were almost ready to hit the hay because Jeffrey seems to get a little fussy about that time. I think he did alright though. Hopefully he didn't give them too much trouble. Then on Saturday, Mindy & I went to lss in Quad Cities. It was National Scrapbooking Day and I bought a TON of new supplies and I have been trying to scrap this week. So far, for Jeffrey, I have gotten 4 new pages done and am trying to do one a day this week. I did one Monday and started another yesterday. I almost got it done but I had a meltdown last night and went to bed. Yes, I had a meltdown. The last few days I have been so tired and stressed by the end of the day. I'm just not used to dealing with a newborn and a two year old plus I'm trying to do too much. I mean I'm trying to keep up on all my chores and take care of both kids and also scrapbook. Not to mention dealing with the two neediest dogs in the world! My daily "to do list" is about a notebook page long everyday and I seem to be getting about half of the stuff done. I just need to let go and accept that we are going through a period of adjustment right now and that things aren't going to get done and I'm not going to be able to do exactly what I want. Plus Jeffrey is having a hard time still. He just wants to sleep/eat on his schedule and I want him to sleep/eat on my schedule! : ) Hopefully soon things will come together. Anyway, I know Jeremy thought I was out of my mind last night. We got into an argument about nothing (how hot the house was) while the baby was crying and the phone was ringing off the hook and it just went downhill from there. I ended up just going to bed right after Jackson did. I didn't realize how exhausted I was till I laid down. Hormones-you gotta love them! Jeffrey was three weeks yesterday so hopefully my hormones will be leveling off soon. Here are some random pictures from the last week! Enjoy...
The kids dancing up a storm and having a great time together.


I tried to get them all to peek through the fence at once but it just didn't happen.

Here's Addison having a great time picking her "flowers".

Ethan swinging it up!

Here's Caden holding Jeffrey. Ethan also held him but I think Mindy took that picture with her camera. The boys were so sweet with him.

Here's Jackson and Jeffrey playing on the new baby gym. I don't know which one liked it more! Jeffrey kept touching Jackson's hair and, for the first time, Jackson didn't freak out when he touched him! We're making progress! It was funny because Jackson would get up and Jeffrey would start crying and fussing. But when Jackson would lay back down, he'd stop. I think he loves his big brother.
No comments:
Post a Comment