Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Life

Here's a small sample of what is happening in our lives right now:

1. We took Jackson to the Dr yesterday. He's got a sinus infection. Poor guy! Yesterday was probably the worst day for him. She said that it also could be developing into Bronchitis (sp?) so she was also going to prescribe med for that as well. I feel bad because I probably should have taken him in sooner. He's had a runny nose off and on for about a week but his cough was getting worse at night. Last time we took him in Jeremy and I both swore that he had an ear infection and he had nothing but a cold. If we both didn't feel silly

2. Jeffrey Teagan DID NOT want to sleep last night. It was midnight before he went to bed and then he woke up at 3 am. I was so tired to say the least. We did a lot of running around yesterday and and I think he just slept too much during the day. Waking him up every 3 hours to eat doesn't seem to affect his sleeping patterns the way it did Jackson's. This child is a machine! I think he would eat constantly if we let him. He has been pulling tricks when Jeremy feeds him and somehow he convinced Jeremy to give him 6 oz one night last week. I don't know how or why and I think it's best to just leave it at that. This child is going to be our little trouble maker later on down the road. I can just see it in his eyes! He gives me these looks that say, "Watch out Ma! You haven't seen anything yet!" Just when I think I have him figured out, he does the complete opposite. He and Jackson are such different babies.

3. Jeremy & I are talking about painting the exterior of our house. It needs it bad and it's going to be quite awhile before we can afford new siding and windows. So I thought maybe a paint job would get us through the next 4 or 5 years. I'm thinking that may be put off till late, late Summer or early fall. We have some things that need to be completed inside first. The three big one's are: Jeffrey's room needs painted, our bedroom needs repainted, and the garage needs painted. We have been trying to paint our garage since 2005. Every time we get ready to do it, I end up pregnant!!!!! So it gets put off. Last year we even bought the 5 gallon bucket of paint! I also need to get the cabinets and counter top put in my scrap closet. I was hoping to have that done before the baby was born but it didn't happen. I can not wait to get that project done, it will be so nice!

4. Jeffrey goes to the Dr on Friday for his one month check up. He's four weeks old today. He's ready to switch to size 1 diapers too. He's grown so much already. How time flies...

5. Mother's Day... Jeremy had to work so the boy's and I hung out at home. We did go over to Grandma & Grandpa's house for a bit. My MIL is wonderful. She gave me the nicest card. I really enjoy spending time with both of them. I bet the phone rang 10 times in the 2 hours that I was there. She got so many calls wishing her a happy mother's day. Jeremy got me a card that was really sweet and I also got one from the boy's that Jackson "signed". The problem was that he wanted to sign it a lot more after he gave it to me. He loves to draw and color. I'm going to take the boys on Friday and get our picture taken together. Hopefully they will both cooperate.

6. I bought another Cropper Hopper photo storage case yesterday. This is the GIANT one that holds 2000 pictures. My other one that holds every picture I own is full. I figured I better get another one to hold all of Jeffrey's pictures. I absolutely LOVE this thing. All my pictures are in one container and are organized and labeled. It's wonderful. I don't have photo albums because I hate putting pictures in them. Plus I don't print my digital pics. I only print the ones that I want to scrap, then the extra ones that don't end up in the albums, go into the organizer. We'd be broke if I printed every picture I took.

7. Jackson and I planted flowers on Saturday. He did so well and was a good helper. He also did a dirt tasting which was really funny. A handful of dirt went in and then mud came back out oozing down his chin! He didn't try it again so I think he learned his lesson. He even used his new gardening tools that Aunt Monica gave him for his birthday. Here are some pictures. I can't wait to scrapbook them!



No comments: