Monday, June 18, 2007

Father's Day

Poor Jeremy.
We didn't do much for Father's Day. It was a good thing I made him breakfast yesterday before everyone got out of bed because the day just went downhill from there. Jackson had a fever Saturday afternoon and still had it most of the day yesterday which meant he was not a happy guy. He whines and cries non stop. Everything is a tragedy. Jeremy was trying to clean out the dryer vent and pipe and he borrowed a some type of plumbing snake from his Dad. But I made the mistake of telling Jackson it was a snake when he asked what it was. Of course that upset him. Then he was worried about Jeremy touching it and kept screaming 'no snake' over and over. It seems he suddenly has developed a fear of a lot of things overnight. For example, I turned on Blue's Clues this morning and he flipped out. Last time he watched it, the guy was dressed up in a wolf costume and jumped out from behind a tree and it scared him to death. That was about a month ago and he still remembers it. He seems to have a really good memory. For example, we went to the mall last week and we went in a different door than we usually do and when we got into the main part of the mall where he's been maybe 3 or 4 times within the last 6 months he started saying 'FISHY!' I couldn't figure out why he was saying this. Finally I realized that he was talking about a huge fish pond that they have set up in front of a store. We were no where near it when he started saying it and I can't believe he remembers things like that. ANYWAY----getting back to the story, he just did not have a good day. I finally figured out that his teeth are hurting again. I have no idea exactly what's going on because he won't let me look in his mouth. Once Jackson started feeling better thanks to Tylenol, Jeffrey took over the crying. He is having constipation issues still. I gave him an ounce of juice with water yesterday 2 separate times and it didn't help. I do not know what to do for him. Nothing made him feel better, he was miserable. Jeremy went to return the snake and I told him just to stay at his parent's and eat dinner. My MIL had made dinner for all of us and I just didn't want to take Jackson over there. He's no fun to be around when he's like that so I stayed home with the boys. But I didn't realize that meant Jeremy was going to stay at their house for over an hour and half. I was at the end of my rope when he came home. Luckily, my SIL (Liz) came back with him and she took Jeffrey off my hands for awhile. I think part of the problem is that I opened a can of name brand formula and have been giving him that. I use Parent's Choice but we ran out and I hadn't been able to get to the store. So poor Jeffrey is paying for it. He seems to be super sensitive to any slight change. What a day. I hope today goes better. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.


I got out his Bumbo (sp?) chair yesterday to see if he was ready to start using it. He did okay with it but I think he'll be ready to use it in a couple more weeks. He head still bops around out of control sometimes. But he loved it! Someone else also loved it. What a surprise! Notice him stalking Jeffrey in the background. I didn't think Jackson would be able to fit in it but of course Mr. Skinny Mini does.


By the way, we do own clothes for the kids. You wouldn't know it from these pictures! We were in the process of getting dressed when I decided to get the chair out.

No comments: