Saturday, July 7, 2007

Not Jeffrey's Lucky Day

It finally happened today - Jackson officially hurt Jeffrey for the first time.

I was sitting on the love seat holding Jeffrey talking to my SIL when Jackson threw the telephone. He was standing behind the love seat and tossed it over the back and hit Jeffrey square on the head. Jeffrey turned bright red and howled. I don't think he meant to hit him because the look on Jackson's face absolutely shock. I was so angry because we have this ongoing issue with him throwing his toys and other things. But I think I got the message across. By the time I was done explaining to him how naughty his actions were, he was crying and upset and kissed Jeffrey on the head several times and tried to put his pacifier in for him. (I did not spank him because I'm not a big believer in that. How could I spank him for hitting Jeffrey? In my book it's the same thing. Don't get me wrong, I'm not totally against it. I'm sure there will be a time when I will find it necessary.) But he wouldn't apologize. When Jeffrey settled down, I put him in his car seat because we were getting ready to leave. We were all in the other room doing something and Jeffrey started crying again. So Jackson immediately went in to see what he was doing and I went after him a minute or so later. I found Jackson, who was on the brink of tears, saying "I sorry" over and over again to him while trying to put his pacifier in. I sat down next to him on the floor and he turned to me and said "I sorry Mommy". I thought that was pretty sweet. I told him that I knew he was sorry but he shouldn't throw things because someone could get hurt. He hugged me and said he was sorry again and that was that. Poor Jeffrey had a big bruise on his little head though. I felt so bad for him. I'm sure he'll pay back Jackson for it soon enough!

Here they are playing in the toy box. Jeffrey kinda liked wiggling around on all those stuffed toys. I think he looks like a toy when I take pictures of him sometimes. Especially in the second picture because he is so still. The funny thing is that in reality he NEVER holds still! He is always moving. He's the hardest baby to cuddle because he won't ever just be still, he's always moving his arms or legs or wiggling his fingers or toes!
Jackson likes to get in it too. For some crazy reason he wanted me to zip the top of it. He got mad at me everytime I would try to unzip it to get him out. Crazy kid!
We rented Charlotte's Web today and Jackson LOVED it. We watched it before his nap and when he got up, the first words out of his mouth when I opened the door to his room were "SHOW! PIG!" I will confess we watched it 3 times in a row after his nap. Granted he didn't sit through it all either time (except the prenap viewing). I thought it was a cute movie but I was a little sick of it by the end of the day!
Liz and I watched Because I Said So while the boys were napping. It was a cute movie. I so want to cut my hair like Mandy Moore's. I also really like the color of it too. I'm too chicken to cut it though. She has long layered bangs and I'm not so sure I could cut mine like that. I'll have to give it some serious thought...

No comments: