Saturday, May 10, 2008

Saturday!

My Dad's 66th Birthday was Thursday so I sent him a card with pics of the boys in it. It did not turn out as well as I wanted it to. The pictures speak for themselves...















1. Weight Watchers update - I'm doing so well with this program so far. I'm already feeling the results. In a matter of two weeks, I've quit drinking soda completely and started eating a lot more healthy. I've been keeping pretty close to my daily points. I hadn't really read the info from the website about how points work, so I did last night and made a big discovery. There are these "extra" points you get per week (I get 35, not sure if they are diff amounts for everyone) to use on whatever you want. Wow! I realized that even after going way overboard that first day it was okay. Not that you can do that often but those extra points are there for that reason. So today is Saturday and I still have like 19 extra points. I don't plan on using them but it's nice to know I can have a snack if I absolutely need it. We went to McDonald's to eat last night (Jackson's choice) while we were out shopping for a swing set. It's really hard to eat there because just about everything is bad but I did alright. I had a snack wrap and fruit and walnut salad. I'm not crazy about eating fast food salads. So anyway, feel better and I'm already noticing a diff in my body. The good/bad thing about my body is that with either a gain or loss you notice it quickly.

2. Jackson is now repeating phrases. For example, we are always telling our dogs "to go lay down". Earlier this week, I hear him tell Halley, "go lay down or you're going to your kennel". Yesterday, Jeremy took him out shopping for flowers for Granny for Mother's day. Jeremy said he kept ramming the wagon into the tables at the nursery every time he turned a corner and Jeremy got upset with him told him that he needed to watch what he was doing and Jackson said, "Daddy, calm down." To me, that's really funny because Jeremy says that to me all the time. He's really becoming a comedian lately.

3. After Mindy's family was here last weekend, Jeffrey has picked up a new game. He is zooming cars and trucks all over the kitchen and living room. He loves to do this and does it pretty well by himself. If I play with him, he gets super wild about it and starts screaming and laughing and kicks his feet like a crazy person! I think he's pretty good at it too. If his vehicle gets caught under the table or chairs, he gets a little upset and slams it whichever way he can to get it free. This also involves some screaming and crying, which stops once it's out. The funny part is that this is just what Ethan does when he comes here and always has. Mindy says he's Ethan reincarnated, in more ways than one!

4. We watched "Real Life with Dan" the other night. Have to say it wasn't that great. In fact, I can not even remember the last movie that I saw that was decent. We joined Net Flicks yesterday and I'm hopefully getting "Juno" by Monday. I'm very excited to see this movie, hope it's as good as everyone says it is.

It's almost 6 am and I should probably get ready for the monkeys to wake up. They have been getting up between 6 and 6:30 every morning. I wish they would just sleep until 7. It's taken a long time, but I'm finally getting use to it.

1 comment:

Runaway Farm said...

That is way to funny! I've tried that before too! Good job on your weight watchers -- I'm proud of you!