Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Something to think about

* Jackson, who is all of 3, has been saying things like, "that makes me happy" or "Granny is happy." This has got me thinking about happiness. First off, how does a 3 year old know what happiness is?? I mean how did he learn what the definition of happy was and then in turn associate it with a feeling he was having or saw someone else having. That really boggles my mind. The funny thing is that when he talks about it, I can tell he knows what it means.


* Has anyone else noticed that doing things the "green" way usually means that they take longer? I went to Walmart today and used my cloth shopping bags for the first time there. It took longer than usual. So that made me think that part of being green may mean slowing down. Which isn't that part of the world's (especially this country's) problem? Everyone wants things fast and convenient and that's probably why the planet is in the state it's in. It really wouldn't hurt any of us to slow things down a bit. I find myself constatnly worrying about telling my kids "to hurry". I don't want them to remember that we were always in a hurry, no matter what we were doing. There is no sense in that.

1 comment:

Runaway Farm said...

I think that I say that "hurry up" thing a million times a day. I hate it when I catch myself doing it too. It sounds even worse when I hear Aaron say it! You're right we need to slow down and enjoy life -- time goes way too quickly anyway.