Monday, June 30, 2008

There is a point to this story

I didn't really have a very fun day. Jackson was so cranky from the minute he got up and it continued throughout the ENTIRE day. He cried at the drop of a hat and whined and whined. He wouldn't eat anything except snacks. Then he'd say he wanted juice and I'd give him the juice and then he'd say, no I want milk. @#*@#*$*@*!!!! He ended up going to his bedroom during dinner because we had a disagreement about how much he was going to eat before he got dessert. He didn't end up with any dessert and I couldn't get him to eat hardly anything. Neither one of us got what we wanted. Then we had a MAJOR pooping incident that wasn't his fault. I finally realized I don't think he felt 100% today. He said he was sorry about 5 times and I wasn't mad at him but it was horrible to clean up. Needless to say, I could not wait for Jeremy to come home, I was counting the seconds. Then the phone rang at 4:51 pm, he should have already been home, but he was calling to say he was going to be late. Ugghhh! I think he finally got home after 6. I was done by then. I was thinking to myself that these are the days when you go, 'this has been real fun, but I'm outta here!'

I did need to go to CVS and buy Jeremy some nose strips (a necessity for both of us in order to sleep in the same bed/room/house) so I ran out for a bit. So I got there and my neighbor, who has a little girl who's almost 1, is working. She works a full time job PLUS she works at CVS part time. We were talking while she was checking me out and I was complaining about how I had to get out of the house because my kids were driving me crazy. She just laughed a little bit and said I hope you have a better night. When I was driving back home, I realized how awful that must have sounded to her. Here she has worked both of her jobs and been away from her baby since 7 am or earlier and was probably dying to just go home and see her. She probably though how unappreciative I was to be able to stay home. The look on her face sorta made me feel like she was thinking it. If she did, she's right to think that. Even though, I had an awful day, it still wasn't that bad. It also definitely beats having to work a job that takes me away from my kids 40 to 50 hours a week. That little experience put my whole day into perspective. No it's not easy to be a working Mom but it's not a walk in the park to be a SAHM either. I've been on both sides of this equation and neither one is a breeze. Let's just face it - being a Mom is 24/7 and it's never easy no matter what position(s) you hold in life.

So, moral of the story (for myself), I need to be more appreciative of the days with my kids no matter what they bring or how hard they are.

Here's a couple of pictures of my boys from almost a year ago. This really proves how time flies. They aren't going to be little forever...

1 comment:

Runaway Farm said...

You're preaching to the choir here, sista! I have more than my share of "those" days but the good days do make up for it. It's just hard and it's the worst when you are waiting for your relief and he ends up being late -- that always happens here too! I hope today is a better day for you!
I can't believe that is Jeffie one year ago -- doesn't seem possible. Jackson hasn't changed that much but Jeffie sure has!