The color "Lettuce Alone"


Jeremy finished the floor and hung the blind last night and we were in bed at midnight. Then today I finished painting the second coat about an hour before Monica and John brought the kids back. It turned out wonderful. Still needs new trim (which will be dark brown) and a few other touches here and there but it's so much better. No longer feels like a cave. I asked Jackson if he wanted a new floor like Jeffie's (he's got carpet that needs replaced soon) and said no, he wants green too. I don't think that will be happening.
Thank you so much to the Jacobs family. We really appreciate you taking the boys for the weekend. I know it was a huge amount of work and they aren't the easiest children in the world to deal with at times.
Thanks so much! We owe you B I G time.
Even though I'm drop dead tired tonight, I feel "refreshed".
I (we) needed a break from my kids. Even though we were working (and shopping!), Jeremy and I spent a good amount of time alone (which hardly ever happens) and we really enjoyed that. We got to talk uninterupted and we didn't get into a fight over this DIY project. I think that's a first for us!


Jeremy finished the floor and hung the blind last night and we were in bed at midnight. Then today I finished painting the second coat about an hour before Monica and John brought the kids back. It turned out wonderful. Still needs new trim (which will be dark brown) and a few other touches here and there but it's so much better. No longer feels like a cave. I asked Jackson if he wanted a new floor like Jeffie's (he's got carpet that needs replaced soon) and said no, he wants green too. I don't think that will be happening.
Thank you so much to the Jacobs family. We really appreciate you taking the boys for the weekend. I know it was a huge amount of work and they aren't the easiest children in the world to deal with at times.
Thanks so much! We owe you B I G time.
Even though I'm drop dead tired tonight, I feel "refreshed".
I (we) needed a break from my kids. Even though we were working (and shopping!), Jeremy and I spent a good amount of time alone (which hardly ever happens) and we really enjoyed that. We got to talk uninterupted and we didn't get into a fight over this DIY project. I think that's a first for us!
2 comments:
I love it -- that floor looks awesome! Glad you finished your project -- ours has only just begun! Glad the boys made it both days and had fun!
Looks great! You sure are energetic - pass some of that my way! I need some rooms painted! Also, thank you for the kind words, they mean a lot!
Post a Comment