Have you heard of "poo free"? It's all about no longer shampooing your hair with commercially made shampoo. I've read a ton of articles and blogs about this. Basically, shampoo is striping away all the natural oils in our hair which causes it to compensate for the dryness (or lack of oils) by over producing more oils which leads to greasy hair. This would be me in a nutshell. I can't go more than 24 hours without shampooing my hair - grease city. It is horrible. Since I've started using baking soda in my washing machine, it has sparked my interest at what else this can be used for. I googled baking soda uses and stumbled about the poo free idea. Basically you use a baking soda and water mix as a shampoo. So I decided to put the idea to the test. I am currently using 2 oz of water and 1 tsp of baking soda shook up in a old shampoo bottle. I rinse my hair thoroughly in the shower and then squeeze this directly onto my scalp, scrub a bit, and rinse. I think I'm on day 5 or 6 and am noticing a lot of change. Most people say there is about a 2 week adjustment period to no shampoo, where your hair is greasy and doesn't look too hot. I'm definitely at this point but I'm not turning back yet. A lot of people advice to do a apple cider vinegar rinse once a week to help and I haven't tried that yet. I also wanted to throw in that people say their hair is softer, more manageable and don't use styling products once they are poo free. This is what I'm hoping for.
I have also put baking soda directly into the boy's bath water to soften their skin. I've also washed their hair with the baking soda mix. Jackson has issues with dry skin and scalp so I'm hoping this helps him.
So,before anyone (my sister Mindy) has a chance to say it, I'll admit I'm becoming obsessed with baking soda. It's not a bad thing to be addicted to though, it's very cheap!!!!
While I was reading more about poo free today, I stumbled across this idea which I might have to try.
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Are you buying baking soda in bulk? Aaron drinks it every day in place of one of his prescriptions -- so we won't make fun of you. I still need to check and see if I can use it in my HE washing machine -- never did that. So what will you do with the CVS stock of shampoo and conditioners you have?
Post a Comment