Jackson's Latest:
1. Today he started calling me "Mom". He's been saying it a lot, appears he's testing it out to see my reaction. It doesn't bother me in least. I don't know where he got it from.
2. He's been saying "Damn it" a lot as well. I would like to blame this 100% on Jeremy but I can't. Today, out of nowhere, he said to me, "Say damn it." He's fascinated with it. We aren't making a big deal out of it because I'm afraid if I overreact about it, he'll just say it more and more.
3. He's totally obsessed with Sponge Bob. The way he says it, it sounds like "SPA BA". I went to Goodwill last week looking for wool sweaters (for a craft project) and found him a Sponge Bob VCR tape for $1. He was so happy with it. I bet he's watched it at least once every day.
4. He has horrible listening abilities right now or should I say he has really good selective hearing. It's driving Jeremy and I nuts. Plus he's also very aggressive to Jeffrey and at times to me as well. Everyone keeps saying this is normal 3 year old behavior but I don't like it at all.
5. He asks me everyday if we can go to the beach. We are going on our beach vacation at the end of August and he can not wait. Granny and Papa bought him a Spider man fishing pole for his birthday and he is practicing with it in the house every single day. I told him he couldn't get it out of the package till we were at the beach house and then I came home from work one day to find him playing with it. Daddy decided it was okay for him to play with it. I can not tell you the number of times I have been hit with the little fish as he casts it across the room. If the pole makes it to the vacation, still in one piece, I will be surprised!
6. Our library is having a summer reading program that we signed him up for. It's been going on for 3 weeks and he's only been one time. Jeremy took him the first time and he loved it. Then last week, he fell going in and skinned his legs up pretty bad and he didn't want to stay. When I put him to bed last night I told him that tomorrow was a library day and he said he didn't want to go. He won't tell me why but he says he doesn't want to go and that he wants to stay home with me. I didn't make him go today, I didn't even try. I probably should have at least taken him up there but I didn't push the issue. This parenting thing is starting to get a bit complicated. I'm not sure I'm ready for this stage yet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my litte Jack-Jack! I'll trade you my 3 three year olds for him -- deal?
Post a Comment