Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Update

*It's been a little over a week with no shampoo. Yesterday (day 7) was a turning point. It didn't feel as greasy and heavy as it had been. By late afternoon, it has been unbearable and looked awful but I just ignored it the best I could and tried to deal with it. Then yesterday I noticed it was much better. It feels a whole lot better and totally different. So I'm sticking with it at this point.

*I also started the Oil Cleansing Method on my face. I've only been doing it a couple days and I haven't noticed any major differences yet. After I use it I do notice that my skin is softer and I don't need facial moisturizer like I used to. I think I'm going to readjust my percentages and see if that helps.

*Jeffrey had a fever yesterday and was in a horrible mood. It was a LONG day. I'm glad he doesn't act like that everyday anymore. He's so funny. I was baking banana bread this morning and I asked him if he was hungry and he ran over to his high chair. That's the first time he's done that! He's also picked up "psst!" Jackson has started saying, "psst, over here!" and so now Jeffrey does his version of "psst!". He laughs every time after he does it. He really is growing like a weed and is not obsessed with the cars and trucks anymore. Now it's all about moving and running everywhere - from the playroom to the kitchen to the living room, down the hall, up the hall, back to the playroom. Non stop all day long. The only thing he sits for is eating and watching a bit of Baby Einstein or Teletubbies. He also favors Mickey Mouse Clubhouse but he loses interest when there is no signing. You would think he would love Wiggles since he's all about songs but he doesn't give it a chance.

*So today we are doing nothing. I would like to get the pool out and air it up but I have no idea how to use the air compressor. How sad is that? It's the middle of July and we haven't gotten it out yet! Just a little behind on that kinda stuff.

* We went to the Miller Park Zoo in Bloomington over the weekend with Mindy & Aaron and fam. It was the first time we went to that Zoo and the kids enjoyed it. It's small but it wasn't overcrowded and they had fun. Jeffrey was terrified of the Sea Lions. He was shaking while we were watching them and then he whimpered a bit when they barked. He wanted no part of them. He was also very unsure about the tiny carousel we rode too. This was a first that he was afraid of anything. I guess he's just getting to that age???
We also went to the Children's Discovery Museum in Normal. We had a great time, despite parking issues in Normal due to some festival. This museum is huge and is great for any age. I spent a lot of time with the babies and there was plenty for them to do. Reese was just happy she actually got to play with toys that weren't immediately swiped away from her! The kids loved it and were exhausted when we left. Both of mine slept all the way home which never happens anymore. (Jeffrey is against sleeping in the car at this point.)




No comments: