Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Back!

I'm finally checking in. It's only been 3 weeks (maybe 4???)! Our vacation was long and great, we really had a wonderful time. I'm still trying to get into the swing of things. Jackson started Preschool the day after we got back so that's been a big (and wonderful) change for all of us. He's only going 2 mornings a week but it's a welcomed change in our routine. I wish he could go 3 days!

Here's our vacation in a nice neat little package. I took over 1200 pictures but I'll only post a few.

*Stayed in Tennessee on the way there. HORRIBLE, SCARY hotel. Never been in bad hotel before so I guess it was bound to happen. It was bad, didn't shower there and we got up at 3 am, loaded the car, hit the road for Aiken, SC!
In Aiken, we saw Granny & Papa's new apartment. It was so nice to see where they are staying now. Also a much needed break from the road.
*Then we were off to Edisto to the beach house. I must say it was so nice. Our house was cute and just enough room. I don't think Liz would agree though. She had a parade of snorers in her room throughout the entire week. The house was right on the beach and we had a nice covered porch with plenty of rocking chairs. So we just stayed on the beach all week long. Kids loved it. There were TONS of shells and they both enjoyed looking through them. We came home with a huge bucket too. We went to a serpentarium one morning and saw tons of snakes and alligators. The guys fished a lot from the shore. Jeremy & Larry both caught sea bass. Jeremy's cousin, Tom, caught a couple small sharks and a few stingray. It was really neat to see them up close. That's about all we did. We wanted a relaxing, non eventful vacation and we sure got it.
*So we left the little house on Saturday and went to Aiken. We spent the night at Granny & Papa's, saw Jeremy's brother, Josh, & his family. Then we left the next morning (with everyone in tears) and headed back to Tennessee. This time we went all out and stayed at the Opryland Hotel in Nashville. It was a super nice room and hotel. We had a nice short stay there. The next morning we hit the road and got home about 2 pm. The boys did beautifully in the car. Jeffrey had his moments in a few restaurants (he was sick of sitting in a high chair waiting to be served), in the sucky hotel, and a night or two at the beach house, and then the night we stayed with Granny & Papa's. That was the worst. He would not sleep for anything, therefor I slept about 2 hours total. Jeremy had slept for awhile and then he took over. So overall it was a great time. Totally worth it!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's the REAL fisherman! He got this pole for his birthday and has been practicing non-stop at home. He fished everywhere! He fished from the deck in the morning trying to get the crabs down below. He also went out with Daddy and Papa and fished from the shore. He loved it so much that he used his pole up - literally. He totally wore it out - we had to buy a new one when we got home.


Jeffrey & I at the Opryland hotel. Jeffrey can not keep his hands out of his mouth (or nose) anymore.
Tom holding Daddy's prized sea bass.
Liz and Jeffie...
Tom's sting ray. He ended up catching another one twice this size but I wasn't there to see it.Our house overlooking the ocean...
The boys playing in a tidal pool. This started off so nice and turned to violent splashing and sand throwing quickly. They both were covered before I knew it.
Papa and Jack ( I edited the next few pictures on Picnik.com. Trying some ideas.)



Jeffrey...
Daddy and Jeffrey. He was terrified the first day. Then he got used to it and loved it. Became fearless really fast. If you took your eyes off him for a second, he was charging towards the water!
Papa and Jeffrey...
Glad that's over! Whew!

No comments: