Sunday, October 12, 2008

Busy little bees


It's been a busy weekend around here. Our weekends start on Thursday and end on Saturday because Jeremy works on Sundays. Here's the run down of things we've accomplished around here:


1. Jeremy installed a new door that leads to our garage. It looks (and sounds)at least 100 times better. That thing that was on the other side that was supposed to be the screen door is now gone too.


2. Jeremy installed a new ceiling fan in our bedroom. We had this old white one that was probably from the 80's that was awful. We've wanted to replace this for a LONG time but we could never agree on one that wasn't out of our price range. There was an inexpensive one in the Lowe's ad last week and Jeremy said "I'm buying it" and I didn't argue. It looks great and doesn't squeak like the old one did.


3. I switched out the boys' clothes on Thursday. It took me most of the day because I also straighted up each of their closets and rooms. Going through their clothes, taking out the old (which either go to Jeffrey's closet or go to the yard sale tub) and putting in the new. I buy clothes on clearance all the time and store them in clear tubs under Jackson's bed. He just started wearing 3T and I've had clothes in this size for a long time. I think I bought some of them when he was 12 mo old. I just add to the tub whenever I find something that is a good deal. I buy most of their clothes at Kmart or Target. Kmart has the best clearance deals I can usually buy a shirt for a dollar or two or pants for like $2 or $3. I do also buy clothes at yard sales but I didn't go to them this summer. We were too busy having our own! I have clothes up to 5T for Jackson (what size comes after 5T?). I do it this way so when he needs clothes, I never have to go buy things that aren't on sale. My husband is annoyed by this (says he hates the tubs) but it saves us a lot of money and time.


4. Jeremy also fixed the handle on the toilet and the installed a new tub drain plug. Both were not working right.


5. He replaced the shop lights in the garage. He also mowed ours and Liz's yard.


6. I reorganized the bathroom storage cabinet and medicine cabinet. Threw away a lot of stuff we didn't need, weren't using or was expired. I can actually fit my makeup and other things I use on a daily basis in the drawer now.


7. I also worked a 12 hour day at the Covered Bridge festival on Friday. It was the first day and it was a beautiful day. A LOT of people were out and about.


8. Big Lots also have their 20% off coupon this week so Jeremy picked up Jackson's box spring for his bed on Saturday afternoon. His bed is super high of the floor now. It's truly a big boy bed now!


So that's it for the weekend. Then today I hung pictures in the living room, Jeffrey's room and the bathroom. I spent most of my day doing that while taking care of the kids and doing laundry. I'm planning an attack on the toy room once Jackson is in bed.


Jeffrey has been having some issues taking an afternoon nap so today he took one nap around 12 and slept till 2. He was a tired boy by the time it was bedtime. He's been sleeping all through the night now so I guess that means he's not needing two naps during the day??? I don't get it. I'm not ready for him to be taking one nap a day. I hope this is a phase. He's not even 18 months yet. He's also been such a beast lately - climbing everything, running through the house, dragging out every single toy, moving/pushing anything he can physically move around the house (I'm taking furniture here). He also has started to figure out how to push Jackson's buttons. I think it's a little funny but Jack does not. I just don't think I'm ready to jump into that next stage with him.

No comments: