Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Here's My Sign

So here's a sign that we are breaching on a new territory:

Someone rings the doorbell Monday evening. My dogs go absolutely insane when someone rings our doorbell. They both are barking like crazy and trying to lurch at this person through the screen door. I was in the hallway and I saw whoever it was suddenly back away from the door. That was a good sign that I didn't know this person. I go to the door and the closer I get the crazier the dogs get. I didn't have a clue who this man was, he's holding a business card and extends his hand toward the door. I crack the door open and have to hold on to it because the dogs are pushing to get it open. They are seriously wanting to rip this man to pieces. I got the card from him and realize he's a siding salesman. sigh.... Mind you he's terrified of these two and he is slowly backing away from the door as he screams over the barking, "I don't suppose you're interested in a quote on siding?" I say "No, I'm not!" He says "Thanks anyway" as he quickly runs down the driveway and takes off.

We've crossed a new threshold, the exterior of our house is in such shambles that it's drawing random contractors to stop and offer their services AND my dogs are now so completely out of control that they are causing people to run from my door.

So is this an indicator of white trash or redneck?? Maybe it's a combination of the two...

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Maybe it's a sign that the contractor doesn't have brain one to stick around when 2 dogs are about to rip him apart!