First, our garage door broke (yes again). This time it was serious, the spring broke in two and ripped the support out of the garage ceiling. Good thing is that no one was in the garage when it happened. When I came home from work, I was talking to Jeremy about it and the first thing out of his mouth was, "I swear I had nothing to do with it. I wasn't beating it." He's referring to one of the times in December when it would not open and he got out the crowbar and pounded on it thoroughly. He's going to fix it again tomorrow. I'm just not into putting out a $1000 for a garage door. No thanks! Not just yet anyway.
Next is my dishwasher. It's not officially dead yet but each time I run it, it sounds worse. I know it's old, we're talking 15-20 YEARS old. We alone have gotten 5 years out of it and it was in sad shape when we moved here. We looked at them at Lowe's tonight but I just can't do it until it's dead. I thought that maybe after it dies when could just do without for awhile but Jeremy wouldn't hear of it. I know he's right but I just don't want to buy a dishwasher.
Then there is the printer and we might as well add the computer with it. The printer is a cheapy $30 one that's been around for awhile so no big deal there. Jeffrey has been doing some handy work on it and I think he's lodged something inside the carriage. You should here the grinding noise it makes. Oh well it still works though. The computer is another story. I swear it is a virus magnet. Every time I turn around it has some other crazy issue.
Before work this morning, I went to the Dr for my back. I haven't ran since the day after Thanksgiving and I'm still having pain so I gave in and went. Took several x-rays of my spine but the Dr thinks it's a muscle issue. I don't agree, but what do I know? She thinks the swollen foot is unrelated. I don't agree with that either. So we'll see, time will tell.
So all in all it's been a good week:
*My children are healthy. Rotten and Goofy but healthy. I wish I could say that for my nephews and nieces. They've had a rough few weeks.
*Jeremy went back to the specialist this week and got a clean bill of health. Our worries have been put to rest there.
*My husband still has a job. So many people have been fired/downsized in his company. The local news is full of companies laying off people. The reality of the situation is that we'll consider ourselves lucky if he still has a job there at the end of 2009. I keep telling him that if it happens we'll deal with it, it's not the end of the world. Personally I think it will just be validation that he was right in feeling like it was time to move on.
*My job is keeping me busy. We are decided what to buy for the show season and that is SUPER fun. I gotta say, I really have the best job ever. I love it and the family that I work for is so nice.
Tomorrow is Saturday...Think "UP"!
No comments:
Post a Comment