Sunday, February 8, 2009

My Jeff T

If you know Jeffrey, then you know the sound associated with these pictures.





Jeremy was putting his PJs on him and they got into a screaming match. (Yes Jeffrey is wearing his Halloween PJs. I know what month it is but they fit him so he's going to wear them until they no longer fit! : ) He has had a thing for screaming since he was born. Let's just face it, he's got an anger management problem. He's had that since he was conceived. He's like fire, he gets going and can't stop. He'd scream at the top of his lungs and then Jeremy would do it back and Jeffrey would laugh hysterically and then scream at Jeremy. He thought it was the best game and it went on for a very long time. Jackson got in on it too and his high pitched girly scream is ear piercing. Living in a house full of boys is so wild. I don't have a brother and I just didn't know boys were this crazy.

Then there's also this side of my little Jeffrey too.

Here he is showing me his "button". I'll ask him, "where's your button?" and he'll lift his shirt all the way up and press his belly button while I say "beep". He loves it. The silliest things entertain him.


He's really matured this last month. It's amazing when they get to this stage (he's 21 months) and how things change so rapidly. He's really becoming more independent. I'm loving it to say the least.
*He's able to tell me what he wants or needs.
*When he wants you to see something or help him with something, he'll grab your hand and drag you behind him. If you resist, he becomes very forceful, he's not giving you a choice.
*He's sleeping through the ENTIRE night. I'm not having to go into his room at all. (But now I'm getting up every night at 1 am, by an alarm, to take Jack to the potty so he has a dry night. I'm not complaining because it's better than washing all his bedding every morning.)
*He's able to play by himself for a pretty good amount of time. Have I mentioned that he loves it when Jackson goes to school every morning? He stands at the window and watches him get on the bus and then after the bus is down the road he says, "BYE!" He's so good when Jackson is gone too. It's like night and day. The minute Jackson comes back in the door it's all over.
*He's doing this new tantrum routine. He's now throwing himself down on the floor, screaming and crying. The problem is that I pay no attention to him while he's doing this and it makes him SUPER mad. After awhile, he'll get up off the floor and then run at me like a charging bull. Anger management issue I tell ya! He's definitely his father's son!
*He's getting much better at coloring. This morning he colored for a good 20 minutes before he tried to eat the crayons. The bad thing is once he starts, he can't stop. It's an addiction. A sure sign that coloring time is over. He also managed to color on the island counter top with me standing right next to him but other than that, he did really well.
*He's starting to use two words together. I'm sure he's delayed in this area but it's still cute to me. When Jeremy was putting him to bed tonight, he walked out of the room and said, "BYE MOM!"

No comments: