Monday, March 23, 2009

Jackson's Birthday Celebrations

Jackson's 4th Birthday is this Thursday and we've been busy preparing and celebrating.

Last Thursday, we took Birthday treats to Jackson's class. He choose iced chocolate cake donuts. I wasn't too sure if the other kids would like them but surprisingly they did. He picked out little Wall-Es to put on top. He was very proud! I didn't take very good pictures. I have no idea why I didn't get a few of them actually eating the donuts.
Photobucket

Photobucket



Then on Friday we were back at school for a parent-teacher conference. Jeremy & I really like Jackson's teacher and the 2 assistants. They are wonderful. She really gave me some good ideas about things that Jackson's needs to work on this summer. We also got a detailed progress report from his speech therapist. He's met some of his speech goals for the year already which was wonderful to hear. He also still has an articulation issue that may need further investigation. But for the most part, things are going well. She suggested that Jackson attend the larger afternoon CARE class this fall. We also think this is a step in the right direction. I personally feel much better about his progress (and lack of progress) after this meeting. She said she doesn't feel that it's necessary to reevaluate/update his IEP until fall (since we started in October).



Yesterday we had a dual birthday party with my family for Jackson and cousin Cael (Monica & John's youngest) at the Children's Discovery Museum in Normal. We had about 16 kids total and they had a blast. This place is so fun and interesting. One of the best things is that it has stuff for babies and older kids as well. Everyone had a great time and there was little crying and no fighting! Unfortunately after about 30 minutes of playing, the building lost power. They had a backup generator but we were still not able to do some of the exhibits but the kids didn't even notice or care.
Photobucket
Jackson "4" and Cael "6"

Photobucket
Jackson made lovely faces through 90% of the pictures I took

Photobucket
Birthday Boys with their cakes


Photobucket
Jackson!

Photobucket
Cael!

Photobucket
Here's Caden after he got in trouble for "helping" Cael open his presents. He's so silly. During the beginning of the party he kept yelling some phrase like "I'm a woman!" or "I feel like a woman!" It made his super hero idol (aka Uncle John) laugh hysterically so he repeated it at least 200 times.

Photobucket
Jeffrey & Uncle John

Photobucket
Reese

Photobucket
Caden

Photobucket
Ethan & Boston

Photobucket
Jackson, Jeffrey & Zack: Back View

Photobucket
Jackson, Jeffrey & Zack: Front View

Photobucket
Ethan, Jeffrey, & Grandpa Spike

Photobucket
Chloe Lynn

Photobucket
Addison

Photobucket
Birthday Boy Cael


Who was having more fun, the little kids or the big kids???
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think the boys had a great time...
Photobucket
* The End *



1 comment:

Mindy said...

Very cute! I love a lot of your photos -- don't think mine were as good. As soon as I get my computer in working order, I'll share my photos with you on line . . .but yours are definitely better and I do like the bigger photos I'll have to start doing that too.