Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Not gone off the deep end just yet

I think it's a record. I went almost an entire month without blogging here. I didn't plan on taking a break. It just worked out that way. Have had way too many things going on and this blog just took a backseat.

My photography class was great. I didn't participate like I had hoped to. I still need to read about the last half of the lessons but I've learned a lot of the things I wanted to. I had been reading the lessons at night right before bed but when Jeremy started working 3rd shift for those few weeks, I went to bed so exhausted that I gave that habit up pretty quick.



I finished the LOAD challenge. I did a layout every single day in May. I was pretty proud that I actually was able to keep up with it. Today I found out that I won the GRAND PRIZE! I'm not exactly sure what the grand prize is yet. But I'll take it.

This is my favorite layout from LOAD. This is of Jeffrey. To my surprise, I recently found him perched on his Spiderman car on top of the love seat. Just as I was walking into the room, he was getting ready to ride it OFF the love seat!! He is pretty daring and creative lately. It's amazing that this car still has wheels on it. He has to have put a million miles on it riding it in the house and now he's really abusing it. He'll jump off it and throw it across the room or stand on it to climb onto other things. He rams in into everything. Plus he tried to jump things while riding it.

This is the first week of summer break where I'm trying to keep a schedule. I haven't done the best at it yet but I'm trying. We should have went to the Y on Monday but we didn't. I don't know what we actually did. Tuesday we ran errands, grocery shopping, laundry and cleaning. Today was library day. We didn't do an art project this week but we've been reading a lot of books and Jackson and I did about 4 puzzles the other night. I am hoping to get some time next week to find a computer program for Jackson on the alphabet. I am also wanting to do an art project every day but I've found that takes a lot more planning than I've been putting in it.

We had our garage sale last weekend. We did fairly well. Mindy didn't get here till around 10 pm on Friday night. I think we went to be at 2 am and got back up at 5am. My neighbor commented to me Saturday afternoon that she couldn't believe how earlier we were up! We had a lot of work to do. We both wish we'd sold more baby clothes but we did sell a TON of toys. The best part is that when it was over, we boxed everything up and took the unwanted stuff to Goodwill and we were rid of it. Mindy kept a lot of the clothes to take to the resale shop. It's so nice to have our garage free (well almost, about 90% free) of clutter and junk. Jeremy was a happy man Saturday night. He finally got his garage back.

No comments: