1. Jackson, Jeremy and I have been playing the Memory Game each night. We usually play 2 or 3 games. I think I have yet to win one. Sad part is I'm really trying. Jackson and I are on the same level, which is pretty damn low. I think it's time for the brain transplant for me. My memory is horrible.
2. The boys have been eating grilled cheese sandwiches everyday this week. They actually eat it too. There aren't many other things they will eat these days.
3. My fav camera lens is being delivered today. This would be the 3rd time in less than a year it's being fixed. I finally decided it was time to buy a camera bag. Hopefully it was help.
4. Jeremy is a fan of Kids Bop CDs. We got a few in Happy Meals and he enjoys them. The kids love them. He says he can actually understand the words and it's much cleaner vocals and I sort of agree with him. (When did we become old???)
5. Jackson has been taking a nap during the day this week. He stopped taking naps almost a year ago (I think??) and swears that they are for babies. He's changes his mind and this week naps are cool. I would have to agree for the most part. It just means that it's a later bedtime for him. It's been nice to have a break during the day from both of them during the day.
6. School is starting in less than a month for Jackson. I was telling someone that on the phone the other day and he overheard me and said, "I'm not going back." This will be interesting to get him back in school mode. It took us forever to get him out of school mode. After school was over, he'd wake up every morning and say, "Am I going to school today?" I bet that went on for 3 weeks. At least he has the same teachers and classroom, it'll just be more students than last year.
7. I'm having my friend, Diann, that I work with at the scrapbook store over tonight to scrap. I downloaded one of Donna Downey's web classes and we're going to make this book using the Bind It All. I pulled all my stuff for it last night and I'm so excited to do it tonight. One of our customers did this project and it was really cool. I will have to make that one as well.
8. One of Jackson's favorite toys since he was about 6 months old has been a fabric tape measure. I know it's odd but it just fascinated him. He comes up with the funniest things to do with it.
9. Boys have been watching the Leapfrog "Letter Factory" and are loving it. It's amazing how watching that on a daily basis has helped both of them. We're borrowing Mindy's copy right now and I need to order our own.
10. We're still working on our bathroom semi remodel. Jeremy got the floor done last week. I need to finish painting the orange color today. Haven't bought the brown yet. I decided I'm going to put the boys to bed and then I'll paint!
11. Jackson has started doing chores around the house for an allowance. He wants a Nintendo DS because his Aunt Liz has one so we told him he has to save up for it. I thought they were less than $100, boy, was I wrong! Jeremy looked at them at Target this week and said they are like $130 to $170! Ouch! I think we've decided we are going to Game Stop and buy a used one. Since he's making a whole 20 cents a chore, we decided a used one for around $70-$80 was the way to go. (As a side note, I know a lot of people don't agree with paying children for chores but we're giving it a try. My major dilemma right now is how do I teach a 4 year old that he can't just "have" a DS because he wants it? How do I explain to him how much $130 is????? If anyone has answers, please pass along the info. I would love it hear your ideas.)
12. Jeremy is looking for a different work vehicle for himself. We are trying to get something that 2 car seats will also fit in so we can all ride in it if needed. Jeremy LOVES to look for vehicles. He's been doing it for months. I personally do not enjoy it in the least and have a very bad reputation for picking out new or used vehicles. So I stay out of it completely. I told him just find what you want (within the allotted budget of course) and bring it home. Don't involve me in any of it. I stayed out of the last transaction with our little 1987 Ford Ranger that has a zillion miles on it and it's been fine. We've had very little problems with it for the last 1 1/2 years. I'm convinced I jinx it so the less I know, the better.
Friday, July 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sooo jealous of your scrapbooking tonight -- think I'm going to a car show -- fun! Love hearing all about your life! As for Jackson's Nintendo DS, I would just say it's too expensive. I say things like that all the time to my kids and they say "OK". I think it's important for kids to know the value of money and that you have to priortize what you spend it on. Always finding a way to give them everything they want is a huge disservice to them and teaches them to be egocentric and that they deserve anything they want. Nothing wrong with having to work and wait for stuff and not always getting what you want, IMO. Have fun scrappin!
Post a Comment