Saturday, July 18, 2009

Scrapbooking

Here's some layouts I've made within the last week. Mindy and I went to an all day/night crop at Scrapaganza last Saturday. I made a mini book for Boston's Birthday and I also did a few layouts. The book took a majority of my time like mini books always do for me. Mindy says I spent too much time obsessing over it. She's right, I did but that's how I scrap. We had a great time. I did end up with a few layouts done so I was pleased with the day overall. I got on a "scrappin' high" by the end of the night and was working like a mad woman. We were listening to Michael Jackson's greatest hits and I couldn't help but to sing along with. Mindy also admitted to performing some of his most famous dance moves with her children in front of the tv during one of the many tribute shows. I found that down right funny.
Anyway, here's my layouts. My camera is having issues right now so my pictures are horrible. (I was thinking it was just my other lens that needed to repaired and now I'm wondering if the body needs to be examined as well. ugghhh...)
Photobucket
Christmas card 2007
Photobucket
Christmas card 2008 (I love this paper by Making Memories. I can't stand to cover any more of it. It's red velvet dots.)
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Layout for Jackson's last day of school.
Photobucket
I made this from a sketch and used the Sassafras Me Likey papers that just came out. They are too cute!
Photobucket
I lifted this from a layout this month in Creating Keepsakes mag except I turned it and and changed it up a bit. This is about diapers, exciting I know. We just started buying pull ups for Jeffrey. We are still buying diapers and will be for awhile (he's just wanting to sit on the potty every now and then). It got be thinking that someday I won't have to buy diapers anymore. We've been supporting the diaper industry since 2004. We've definately done our share, we had 2 in diapers at the same time for over a year. So I had these cute pictures of him in diapers and thought I'd put it all together.



Photobucket

I made this today with my leftover pieces from my Kenner Road kit. I know this is a pretty crazy layout but I am pretty proud of it since I did it all myself -no sketch or lift. I used a piece of 12x12 chipaboard as my foundation and trimmed the patt paper down. I'm pleased with the way it turned out. These are pictures of the boys making art projects.

Photobucket

I also made this today. These pictures are from 4th of July. I painted chipboard blue and then gessoed (is that a word??) over it to give it this really neat effect. This picture is really horrible. Trust me it looks much better in person.



I'm off to bed. We camped out in our backyard last night. It was fun but I didn't sleep well and have been so tired all day. I've realized I'm too old to sleep on the hard ground.

ALSO....
I delivered my first HOMEMADE AMBUSH gifts while I was at Scrapaganza. I've got another one almost done! Someone will be getting a surprise in the mail soon!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Wow! You've been busy! I love the ones I hadn't seen yet. I'm impressed. I have a couple done too. Should have scrapped last night but ended up sitting down, big mistake! I hope you're creative high keeps going. You're bad!

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I was getting worried that the kids had you tied up or locked in a closet, ha ha. Missed your blog updates, love the layouts, would love to scrapbook but I know it would just take over my life...plus maybe I should direct my energy on cleaning or laundry...maybe not:) Would love to hear about your class, still frustrated with my pictures!!!

Penny Smith said...

GREAT LO's!! LOVE that Christmas card LO, cuz I bought that paper just cuz I thought it would be great Christmas paper (even though it wasn't specifically) and there ya have it in this great LO!