
It's been lovingly dubbed, "White Truck".

When I say the boys are in love with this truck, it's an understatement. They sing songs about it while running in circles and squeal when Daddy pulls it into the driveway. They have been telling everyone that we got a new white truck.
It really was a good truck. Believe me it was nothing to look at. It really wasn't a great vehicle by anyone's standards. But I appreciated this truck. When Jackson was a year old, I was working a part time job that was more trouble than it was worth. One day, I'd had enough and quit. We went from 2 incomes to one and had to make some changes financially, so we sold Jeremy's Tacoma. He loved that truck. If you know Jeremy, you know about his love for vehicles. I wouldn't say it was his favorite truck but I think it ranked somewhere near the top of list. So we only had one vehicle and that took some time to get used to. Everything we did was planned out - work, errands, doctors appointments, etc. At times, Jackson & I would stay home for several consecutive days without leaving the house. Jeremy worked long days - he would leave at 5:30 am and come home around 7 pm. When we needed the car, we'd get up with Jeremy and drop him off at work. It wasn't the easiest thing but we managed. It was something we had to do in order for me to stay home with Jackson so I didn't mind it. We did this for over a year before we bought our work truck.
I remember the first time I drove this truck, it was like pure freedom. I say that for many reasons, but really because we owned this truck, there were no payments owning us. I hadn't owned a vehicle in quite a while so it was a great feeling. We had this truck for over 2 years and had little to no problems. I was a little sad to let it go, but it was time. We needed something bigger for the boys. Plus Jeremy's truck fever had reached an all time high. We just couldn't hold out any longer.




No comments:
Post a Comment