Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Scale Lies

It's been almost 2 weeks since I've started focusing my attention on eating better. I'm feeling much better and my clothes aren't so tight so that alone is worth it, but my weight hasn't budged. It's just a little discouraging. So I got on the scale this morning, I was happy to see I've lost 2 pounds! It was TIME for the scale to move and in the downward direction! A good way to start the day.

Anyway, I have yet another sinus infection that I've been tolerating. I felt a lot better yesterday but when I got up today, I could barely hear. My ears were hurting so bad I couldn't stand it. So I got Jackson on the bus and Jeff and I went to the clinic. When they call me back, of course, the nurse asks me to step on the scale. I couldnt' believe my eyes. Their scale said I weigh 6 pounds MORE than mine did at home! I know about allowing 3 lbs for clothing but what about those other 3 pounds????!?!?! Uggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maddening I tell you!

On another note....

Jeffrey told me today, "Mommy, I not a baby anymore."
This photo doesn't really support his case. :)
Photobucket

1 comment:

Mindy said...

doctor's scales are always WAY more than home ones. I just go for consistency -- using the same scale all the time! Good for you! Have you been doing your exercise DVD?