Friday, January 22, 2010

Today

*I'm in love with vintage Pyrex bowls. Mindy bought me one for my birthday and I really like it. (Let the obssession begin!) Since I'm cooking all day, every day now I'm really noticing that my kitchen cookware is either in horrible shape or non existent. I own a couple of mixing bowls and it's really hard to cook 2 meals a day with only 2 bowls. So I will be buying more. Here's a few sets I found today on Etsy that I'm in love with:
* My friend and owner of Creek Bank Creations has a teenage son who is really having some medical problems. They are currently at Mayo clinic in Rochester, MN. He had a spinal biopsy today and will get results back on Monday. You can read more about it on the Creek Bank blog. I'm asking that anyone send the Creek family a card at the Ronald McDonald house since the will be there for a few weeks. Even if you don't know them personally, this will truly touch her heart. Check out the blog for the info and the address.

*Need to be getting off the computer and writing out my shopping list. I'm taking the boys with me late this afternoon to go grocery shopping. Am I crazy to be going to the grocery store on Friday night??? Yes. Yes, I am.


* My sister, Mindy, opened an Etsy store, called Sew Happy. She's selling cute things that she's made. She made me a quilt for Christmas (well it wasn't exactly for me but I ended up with it in the gift exchange) and I think she's going to put some in her shop too. So everyone who has said how much they love my quilt, go buy one!

Have a good weekend! I hope all you Western Illinois people are able to keep your power!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Those first green bowls are fun too does that pattern come in turquoise too --- oooh if they did! I will send Julie a card (add it to my weekend list) and thanks for plugging my store!