A couple weekends ago we redid Jackson's room. I told him before Summer started that we would repaint his room and put down new flooring and since we only had a weekend before school started, we were on a deadline!
Here's one before shot:
Jeremy started on it on a Friday afternoon while I was working and it took 3 solid days of work but it turned out great. We are planning on selling our house in the spring of next year so we are starting to neutralize the interior. I choose a color that I would have never picked on my own, it's called "In Your Eyes". I read several decorating blogs and went with a color that was suggested. Of course the original color they provided was no longer available, so I just went with something similar.
Did I mention that the boys helped? They really wanted to paint and they did a good job. There are no child labor laws in this house!
Here's Jeffrey having one of his "Jeff moments".
I asked Jackson want color he wanted to paint and he said black and red for Batman and Robin. I said I don't think so! We compromised by buying him a new Batman comforter. The rooms looks so much better. It's funny, it's one of those things, you don't know how badly you needed a change till after it's done. Jeremy wasn't too cracked up about the color in the beginning but once it was done, he loved it.
I don't have any pictures of the end result yet...will try to post them within the next few days.
The room remodel has inspired me to really get moving on the rest of this house and also made me realize how much work it's going to take to get everything ready. We will be spending our ENTIRE winter repainting, reflooring, and "rekitchening" our house. It's going to be hard work but it will be worth it in the end.
Jackson started Kindergarden last week...
Things got off to a rough start but so far this week, it has been a little smoother. Then Jeffrey started preschool yesterday. We are all trying to adjust to this new schedule.
No comments:
Post a Comment