Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Outside my window...

Outside my window....the sun is setting. It's been a beautiful day. Not too hot or humid.

I am thinking...about my Dad. We were cleaning out his attic yesterday and ran across a book of his baby pictures that we had never seen. I also found the sales catalog for the 1964 Ford Thunderbird Convertible that he bought brand new. There were also a couple of pictures, all the paperwork and a set of keys to it. I love old cars so this is really cool to me. I had never seen this picture before yesterday. Pictures are really a gift.

We also came across a couple other envelopes of pictures in a very odd location. They were of my nephew Cael (now 7) when he was born and when the triplets had their first birthday party at the hospital. My Dad always took pictures but never showed them to us. We always thought that was weird but it really has turned into a gift now.

I am thankful for...my family and friends who are turning into family.

From the kitchen... not a darn thing! No cooking for me today!

I am wearing...the latest outfit I picked up from Goodwill. I finally decided that my clothes were "done". I went to Goodwill last week to pick up some outfits to wear while working on the farm and cleaning out Dad's house. It doesn't take long for them to get destroyed.

I am creating...scrapbooks with the boys about Dad's neighbor, Paul and his family and their farm. My kids are obsessed with this man to say the least. Not only will he have to get a restraining order against my sister, Mindy, but also against my two children. (kidding). Jackson told me today that I could just drop him off there next weekend so he can help Paul and he'd be just fine.



I am going...to watch the new season of Rescue Me tonight and scrapbook.

I am reading... Prince of Tides and The Sound of Hope (book about Auditory Processing disorder).

I am hoping...it doesn't rain anymore. The farm is a mud pit!

I am hearing...the sound of my son, Jeffrey, slurp his chocolate milk out of the bottom of his cup while he watches Olivia. He will be screaming in a minute or two when I tell him it's time for bed.

Around the house...Jackson went to bed tonight about 6:30. He said he had a bad headache. I'm just hoping I'm not going to get woke up at 4 am when he wakes up ready for the day!


One of my favorite things... a good night's sleep is wonderful anymore. The little things are ranking pretty high on my list these days...


A few plans for the rest of the week...it's 4th of July weekend but Jeremy is on call for work so we won't be going anywhere. We have no plans.

A picture to share...


My brother in law, John. I prefer to call him Juan Valdez...

No comments: