Thursday, April 5, 2007

Latest Doctor Appointment News

I went to the Doctor on Tuesday morning. I'm 35 weeks at this point so I'm going every two weeks. Everything was good except my blood pressure. It had started to creep up about 2 weeks ago and was higher this time than it was last. It's borderline right now so I'm having to start monitor it at home 3 times a day. When I was pregnant with Jackson, this happened at 36 weeks and I was put on bed rest for the remainder of the pregnancy. I don't know if they ever diagnosed me as having preclampsia or not. She finally just induced me because I started having more and more problems. (I was also working at the time and I think that didn't helped my situation either.) So my Dr is a little concerned that we are headed in the same direction again. I hope not. Jackson's birth was tough for both of us and I don't want to repeat that. I also do not want to be induced this time. I know my feelings will probably change in a few weeks but I would rather just let nature take it's course and let this baby decide when the time is right.

Speaking of which, I woke up at 3:30 this morning with back pains. It's not unusual for me to wake up at that time, especially if I sleep well, but my back doesn't usually hurt. I was beginning to wonder if I was having the beginning of back labor. It's not bad but my back is still aching a little. It's probably just normal pregnancy pains. I told Jeremy before he left for work today that I didn't feel well and to check in with me. He asked why? Sometimes I think he forgets that I'm pregnant. I don't know how he could because I complain about it enough! I think he was just surprised that I was having pains. He's not the only one. So we'll see what happens today. I'm not sure if my Doctor is on call this weekend. She better be or I'm holding it in till Monday! I don't trust anyone but her. Plus she knows all the problems that I've had with both pregnancies and I don't want to have to explain it all to another Doctor.

Jackson was born the Saturday before Easter so maybe this baby will follow suit. I think I have at least 3 weeks but this baby has been anything but predictable. It has definitely been calling all the shots and just letting me come along for the ride.

No comments: