Saturday, April 7, 2007

Has this ever happened to you?

We went shopping yesterday at Super Walmart. We always go shopping on a weekday when Jeremy is off because I don't enjoy going there on weekends when they are super busy. Unfortunately it was also Good Friday so everyone was off and doing their Easter shopping. To top it all off, I was having horrible pains from the position the baby in. Bad combination! We were completely out of groceries and needed to buy everything you could think of so I couldn't really put it off any longer. So we each had a cart that was overflowing and we finally get in line which were all about 5 people deep. I get my first cart unloaded and over the PA system they announce that there is a fire in the store and everyone needs to evacuate immediately! WHAT??? We just stood there dumbfounded. The cashiers are telling all the customers they have to leave now and everyone starts moving towards the exits. It was Jackson's nap time so this wasn't exactly perfect timing to have to be leaving the store WITHOUT our groceries that we just spent 1 1/2 shopping for. We stood outside for a few minutes and froze (it was only about 30 degrees and was super windy too). Then we decided we better just wait in the car. By the time we get in the car, I look up and notice no one is standing outside any longer. So I waddle back into the store by myself to finish checking out. I was so worried that someone would be moving my cart out of line and I was in no mood to deal with that. Good thing was that my carts were still there and no one was moving me out of line. It didn't take much longer to get through the line and then I was out of there. What a nightmare! I guess it could have been much worse. I'm not sure if they actually had a fire or what was going on. By the time we were leaving the fire department was too so it must not have amounting to anything.

No comments: