Thursday, April 5, 2007

Juice Box

Jackson and I went through McDonald's drive-thru today for lunch. We have no food in our house and I really didn't think it was a wise decision for me to take him grocery shopping by myself since I wasn't feeling the best this morning. Plus we need everything under the sun so I'm sure it's easily going to take two carts. Anyway, he was so excited because he loves fries. I told him what we were doing when we got in the car and all he could say was "fries". We had to stop at the bank and the post office before we went to McDonald's so I told him we were going to those two places first then to McDonald's. But every time I'd start to say something, he'd interrupt me with "fries". I guess he wanted me to know that's all he was interested in. I got him a Happy Meal (with "fries") with an Apple Juice and I actually let him have the juice box. I've never really done that before and he did pretty good to start with. I told him not to squeeze it which was, of course, the first thing he did when I put it on the table in front of him. It went all over the table so I went to get the dishrag to clean it up. When I came back to the table, he said "sorry" which is something that he says a lot. I told him it was okay and went about wiping it up. He did so good while we were eating and drank about half of it. I was very proud of him because he didn't play with it too much and was actually eating and drinking.



Unfortunately that changed quickly when he got down from the table. I made the mistake of letting him have it in the living room while he was playing. I was watching him and he was drinking it but I took my eyes off him for a couple seconds and he had it all over the coffee table and was rubbing his hands in it. I don't get upset about food or drinks being spilled on the furniture or carpet. I got upset because he didn't listen. I know he's two, but I can tell he knew that it was wrong. So the juice went into a sippy cup and the box went into the trash. Hopefully next time, he'll do a little better. I know it's a process.

No comments: