Monday, April 23, 2007

Our First Day Alone

Jeremy went back to work today so this is my first day alone with both boys. So far it's been easy. Granted I'm not doing anything other than taking care of them. I did do a load of Jeffrey's laundry though. (I've forgotten how much dirty laundry little babies make!) I just told myself to take things easy today and don't expect to get anything done. I would like to scrapbook some of Jeffrey's first pictures but I'm not sure where to start. I think I will hold off on that for a few more days. I think Jeremy is going to be off work the next 3 days so hopefully I can make a little time to do that. I'm hoping that he will let me go grocery shopping tomorrow by myself. I really don't want to take Jeffrey out yet so I may try to convince him to stay at home with the boys. We'll see how that goes.


Jeffrey has been sleeping really good at night so far. Last night I fed him around 9 and he slept till 1. I fed him then and he didn't get up again till 5 which is the same time Jeremy gets up for work. That worked at pretty good. I do not feel sleep deprived at all. Jackson got up at 7 and got in bed with me and we didn't get up till 8:30. I was tired when I woke up but that's how I always am. Now if the days would only go as well. He is not on my eating schedule yet. Sometimes he's wanting to eat every 2 hours or less and I'm not going for that. I'm big about schedules and want him to eat every 3 hours during the day. That way he will want to sleep at night. Today has been better though. I just need to keep working on him and not feed him the second he cries.


I personally feel great. I have not felt this good since I've been pregnant. I remember feeling really bad for 2 weeks after Jackson was born. This time I really didn't feel bad. I've been tired, but not in horrible pain. Everyday I was in the hospital I got up and took a shower and got ready for the day when they took the baby at 6 am to see the Dr. I think that helped me a lot too.


Jeffrey is taking his first ride in the swing right now. He woke up with a dirty diaper so I changed him and put him in the swing to see if he would go back to sleep and he did! YEAH! He's such a good little baby. I think we'll keep him. ; )

No comments: