Thursday, May 31, 2007

June Goals

Here are some things that I want to "work on" for the month of June.
  1. Jackson to watch less TV and for me to be on the computer less. I have a plan on how I'm going to be on the Internet less. See #4.

    EXCEPTION: My blog isn't included in the less computer time. I can justify that by saying that this is another form of scrapbooking for me.

  2. I need to get back into a regular cleaning schedule for the house. Since I've been pregnant and had Jeffrey, cleaning has gone from one of the spectrum to the other. I felt so bad in the beginning that I didn't do it at all and then in the end I was doing it like crazy. Things could not be clean enough. I hope to be getting back to that. I need to get back to my FLYLADY roots. I need to start doing my daily routine and things will fall back into place in no time.

  3. I need to start doing a better job of meal planning. I SUCK at this so bad. I think I'm a fairly good organizer/planner but when it comes to food, I just can't do it. I think it's because I really don't enjoy eating that much, especially when I'm the one cooking. I could also work on finding some new recipes. We eat the same stuff over and over. I also need to focus on eating better. I went to the Dr on Tuesday for my 6 week checkup and discussed a lot of stuff with her. I am going back to the dietitian in June. My Dr says that if I don't change my diet that there's a pretty good chance that I'm going to become diabetic within the next 5 to 10 years. I had gestational diabetes with Jeffrey and luckily it went away. I had my taste of it and I really don't want to become diabetic. First and foremost because I HATE needles. Secondly, I hated feeling like crap when I unknowingly went over my eating limits. So I'm going to start a diet that will help control that situation. Plus I need to loose 10-15 pounds. I weigh now what I did when I got pregnant with Jeffrey but I was overweight then.

  4. I'm not allowing myself to purchase scrapbook supplies within the month of June. We are planning on going to a family wedding at the end of June in South Carolina and I needed to cut some expenses for the month in order to afford to do so. So the first on my list to cut back on was scrap supplies. (If you personally know me, this is a no brainer. I go wild when I go shopping for supplies. Scrap supplies to me are like shoes to most women.) I know I spend way too much money of supplies without even figuring it. I really don't want to know and I'm definitely sure Jeremy does not want to know. I've bought a lot this month (and in my defense, I've scrapped a lot and have used a bunch of the stuff I've just bought).
    So this is also how I'm also going to spend less time on the Internet too. I'm going to stop bidding on scrap stuff on eBay, shopping on various sites, and browsing in general. I'm going to have a hard time in stopping reading all the scrap related blogs though. I guess they don't take that long though. I'm going to use my sister's advice and set a timer each time I sit down at the computer and spend my time wisely!

    EXCEPTION: I am allowing myself to purchase my pictures from ScrapbookPictures.com. If I don't have pictures, I can't scrap! I also have a $100 credit at my LSS from the stuff I sold at their garage sale so I can shop there as long as I use that credit.

  5. This one kind of goes with #4 as well. I'm going to really work hard on cutting back on my grocery spending. No, that doesn't mean I'm not going to buy as much food. (I wish!) I just need to be a smarter shopper. When I went to Wal mart this week, I bought a lot of cheaper items instead of my regular ones. For example, my dogs eat Iams dog food which costs $10 for an 8 lb bag. In my opinion that's a lot of money. It's recently gone up a lot which is probably because it was one of the only brands that wasn't on that HUGE recall list. So I decided they are going to try to eat cheaper food. I got a 20 lb bag of Purina for $13. That's a big difference. I say we are going to try it because Kelcee has allergies and a seizure disorder and some types of food give her problems.
    I also bought Parent's Choice diapers to try on Jeffrey. They are the Wal mart brand and are considerably cheaper than the Huggies Supremes that I have been using on him. I tried them with Jackson when he was smaller and he always got diaper rash so he is still using the Huggies Supremes. I'm not even going to try to switch him. It was horrible! I've gone from the most expensive diaper (which I didn't realize till about 6 months ago) to the cheapest! I am also switching to the Parent's choice wipes from Pampers. They don't seem to be giving either of the boys any problems so far.

So that's my plan in a nutshell. I will be adding to it as I think of new things so stay tuned!

No comments: