Thursday, May 31, 2007

Night #2 of the new sleep routine

So...
Last night was great! Jeffrey did excellent!
I started about 8 pm by giving him a bath. After I got him out of the tub and dressed, we put Jackson to bed. Then I gave him a couple ounces of formula while I rocked. He had just eaten about hour ago so he didn't need much. He was already tired because he'd been awake since about 5 pm. So about 8:30 he was getting really sleepy so I put him in the bouncer. (Yes, he sleeps in the bouncer because he doesn't like to lay in the crib. He sleeps so much better if he's sleeping upright. The vibration of the bouncer seems to help too.) He didn't cry at all! It was great. He did wake up and cry a bit at 11 pm but then I put him in the crib. I thought I was probably going to have to feed him but I just laid him down and he went right back to sleep! Wonderful! He woke up this morning right around 4 and I fed him and he went back to sleep again with no crying. I hope every night goes that well. He had a rough afternoon yesterday. At one of his feedings, I couldn't get him to burp at all so he was so miserable and had horrible gas afterwards. So I think that he may have been even more tired because of that.

I took advantage of him sleeping and scrapbooked. I hadn't scraped since Monday so I thought I better get going. A whole day without scrapping - uggghhh!!! I had been wanting to do a LO of a vacation to Captiva Island that Jeremy and I took about 3 years ago b.c. (before children). It was also before we bought our first digital camera so I had to work with the pictures the way they were. It turned out so great. I'm still trying to decide if I want to add journaling.

I have a couple hours (hopefully) before the boys get up so I'm off to do some more scrapping!

No comments: