- Jackson to watch less TV and for me to be on the computer less...
Jackson has watched less TV this week. Last night after his bath we played in his room and read books in the rocking chair for about an hour and half. It was a lot of fun. As for me being on the computer less, that hasn't gotten any better. I really need to work on that one! - I need to get back into a regular cleaning schedule for the house...
I've cleaned and organized a lot this week. This morning I swept the house and rearranged our living room furniture before everyone got up. The boys can sleep through the sweeper running. I don't know how - it's so loud. I also picked up the house after breakfast, did 3 loads of laundry and cleaned the kitchen. - I need to start doing a better job of meal planning. I SUCK at this so bad...
I still suck at this. I haven't even tried to work on it yet. I hate even the thought of doing it. - I'm not allowing myself to purchase scrapbook supplies within the month of June.
So far so good on this. I told Jeremy about it this morning and he asked how much I spent last month on scrap stuff. I said I don't even want to figure it out. He said I'm sure it's a small fortune and I agreed... I really have to cut back even after this month is up. I think I need to just keep track of it on paper so I can see how much it is. Like Jeremy said, $20 here and $20 there, adds up quickly. I have also been thinking about doing an idea I saw on a forum. One of the ladies gave herself an allowance on how many LO she had completed. For example she allowed herself $4 per completed LO to spend on new supplies. I like that idea because it's motivation for me to get more LOs done. I think I've completed around 65 LO so far this year so that comes out to.......$260. Hell, that's not going to get me very much....maybe I need to rethink that idea!! : ) I know I do not need to buy any paper for a long time. I have so much pattern paper and I seem to be doing all my LO on card stock lately. I need to FOCUS on using pattern paper. - I'm going to really work hard on cutting back on my grocery spending...
I did really well this week. I went to Aldi's and got groceries and spent about half what I do at Walmart. Granted I didn't buy everything at Aldi's that I get at Walmart like Diapers, formula, wipes, soda, etc. I've cut my Walmart trips down to once every two weeks instead of once a week. The savings in gas alone helps. We live about 40 minutes from Walmart and gas has been averaging around $3.20-$3.50 a gallon within the last few months.
So I do have some things to work on - less computer time and more time on meal planning. Boy, that doesn't sound like fun at all! I'm going to get off this computer and go scrapbook for the next hour!!
Oh and here's the latest trend in accessories. Wearing fashionable cookie cutters as bracelets. Now that's hot...

No comments:
Post a Comment