Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Jeffrey's Feeding Problems

Last week I took Jeffrey back to the doctor for his 2 month check up. We are still have major feeding issues - constant spitting up, having to eat every 2 hours, and the zantac compound just didn't seem to be helping all that much. So she suggested we switch to Enfamil AR Lipil, which is made for babies with reflux. He's been on that for almost a week and we were doing so good until yesterday. We've gone back to the major spit ups but now it's not the liquid style puke, it's the half digested, chunky puke (I know TMI!). It's awful and it is super hard to wash out of clothing! I do not know what to do for him. She also prescribed Raglan which makes it even worse. Not only did he puke that up several times but it also caused massive diaper blow outs. I think I may be calling the nurse tomorrow to see if there is something else to use. Poor kid. I thought we finally had this beat but now I'm not so sure. Back to the drawing board!


He weighed 12 lbs. 2 weeks prior to that he weighed 11 lbs 4 oz so he gained almost a pound in 2 weeks. I can't imagine how fat this monkey would weigh if he kept all his formula down. I guess that's one good thing is that he is gaining weight!

No comments: