Monday, July 2, 2007

Long Time, No Blog!

I can't believe that almost two weeks have passed since I've posted. Here's what's been going on at our house.



June 21 - Thursday

I got up around 4 am to feed Jeffrey and then just stayed up getting ready to leave on our vacation to South Carolina later on that same evening. I noticed that the fridge wasn't very cool. I mentioned it to Jeremy and he seemed to think the same. It was great timing to have our fridge die the day we are supposed to leave on a 5 day trip. Plus Jeremy had to work that day as well. I called repair places and finally found someone who could come out to fix it. They showed up within a few hours and it took 30 minutes to fix it. Yes I said 30 minutes! It was wonderful and the bill was less than I thought. I guess the whole situation could have been worse, it could have happened the day after we left and what little food was in there would have been ruined and the fridge may have been completely ruined. It was just more than I cared to have to deal with at the time. Plus my house looked like it exploded when the repair people were here. They probably thought I was coming apart at the seams! I had clothes and luggage everywhere and Jackson had completely destroyed the living room. It was awful. But everything turned out okay. We left that night around 7:30pm and made it about 2 and half hours before we had to stop and feed Jeffrey. Finally the boys both fell asleep and didn't wake up till about 4 am when we were in the mountains somewhere in Tennessee. At least I think it was Tennessee. Jackson couldn't go back to sleep so he stayed awake and watched DVDs till about 8 am when we stopped for breakfast. Then after we ate and got back in the car to finish the drive he fell asleep. I think we finally got to BIL's house around 10 or 11 am. We made pretty good time since we had to stop several times to feed the baby or change diapers. We stayed there overnight along with the rest of Jeremy's family. There was about 9 of us total visiting. We had a good time and the kids got to play with their cousins which they really enjoyed. Here is Grandma Diane, Jeffrey and his cousin Copper, who's only about 2 weeks older, checking each other out and his other cousin Cole posing in the front.


That's all I have time for now. Jeffrey is calling me. He's protesting sleep today and has wanting me to either hold him or sit next to him all day. I think he's slept maybe a total of 2 hours total today. I have no idea how he stays awake so much. It sure makes me exhausted!

No comments: