Monday, July 23, 2007

Life Update

Taking the time to stop and smell the flowers....

Having a good time in the pool with Daddy and Jeffrey.

Jeffrey's not so little anymore! I've had two random people comment on how large he is after I've told them he's only 3 months old. I don't think he's that big for his age. He's just a little plump. He's so cute but he's so rotten. Screams (no crying involved) to get my attention all the time now...that's not so cute after about 5 minutes. : [

Here's Jeffrey the frog boy. Aunt Monica sent him this last week. It's a bath towel with his name embroidered on it from Pottery Barn Kids. Love it! Jacksy has a puppy one that he's loved so much that it's ears are falling off.



Where has the time gone???
Here's a bit of what we've been up to:

- Jeffrey turned 3 months old. Hard to believe. I got him on a 3 hour feeding schedule now. It was hard (and sometimes it still is) but it's helped him A LOT. He's eating the same amount as he was when he was eating every two hours...finally figured out his problem. It was me! I was the problem! I was feeding him too often. That's why he was spitting up so much because he was stuffed!! I feel like an idiot, I should have known better. This is my second baby, why didn't I see it??? I was just so worried about starving him I guess. Things are much better now. He's down to taking one or two doses daily of his Zantac. I think his belly was hurting so much because his Mom was pumping him FULL of formula. Oh well...chalk this up as one of those stupid things that I'm bound to do to my children.

- I've been talking to Jackson about giving up his beloved passi. Shocking isn't it???? I've been telling him that we are going to have to give them to Aunt Mindy because she needs them for her new baby that is coming soon. Everytime we've talked about this he just looks at me with this blank stare and says, "No". Doesn't get upset, just says no. It's almost like he's saying that it's not even up for discussion. Well he's sadly mistaken. I am SO ready to get these damn things away from him. He is so ADDICTED to them. So tonight I cut the tip off one of them. It wasn't the beloved red and white one, I thought I would save that one for last. He put it in his mouth, took a couple sucks and realized something wasn't right. He took it out looked at it, put it back in for another try and still wasn't right. So he took it out and handed it to me. So I'm not so sure this is the answer, but it's a start. I am hoping to move him to his new bed soon (next 2 or 3 months) so I figure the passi has got to go before we transition to a new bed. This is the bad thing right now, there are too many big changes that we've been holding off on because we just felt he wasn't ready. So it's going to be several things happening closely together: saying bye bye to his passi, getting his big boy bed, and then potty training. We're not in any hurry for potty training (or the bed) but it's getting closer. I think the bed will be the easiest. I'm sure now that I've "said" that it will be the worst but he seems excited about it lately so maybe it won't be such a challenge. I'll be waiting for those words to come flying back around and smack me in the face at any moment now!

-OAMC has been a good thing for us. Still eating those meals that I made at the beginning of July. They were for 2 weeks but it's lasted us much longer because we've had several leftovers, been invited over to in-laws, and ate out a couple times. It's been such a stress reliever for me. I am going to do it again, just need to find the time to do so.

So that's about it. I'm sure I'm forgetting something. It's 10 pm and I just drank two huge cups of coffee and I feel like tackling a big project right now. So I'm off to go find one. : )

No comments: