Thursday, December 13, 2007

First Potty






While we were decorating the Christmas Tree on Sunday, Granny and Papa stopped by. In the midst of all the mess and chaos, I'm working with Jackson on potty training. We'd only been doing it a couple days and hadn't had any success yet. I set the timer for an hour so when it goes off, he has to sit on his potty for awhile and try to go. If he goes or not, he gets to pick out a sticker for his potty chart, which he's so excited about. Then we reset the timer and start the whole process over again. So he was showing Granny and Papa the Toys R Us ad that came in the paper that morning. The ad had a whole page of Geo Trax Trains, which is one of his biggest obsessions right now. So he was showing them the ad, it was time to get on the potty. He refused because he didn't want to put down his paper. I told him to bring it with him and look at it on the potty. It really was funny. I couldn't resist taking pictures. He sat long enough and finally peed in the potty! We were all so excited. He was so proud of himself too. He's gone one other time since then but we haven't been working on it too much this week because I've been sick and so has he.

No comments: