Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Little Baby Reese

Finally she's here, Reese Payton Murray!
She was born last Tuesday morning in perfect health. Mindy had a really good delivery and had a nice hospital stay. She finally got her "take home baby" that she always wanted. While Mindy was at the hospital, I watched her kids (and mine) at their house. I got there late Monday afternoon and didn't end up leaving till Sunday. We had a great time.
I took the boys with me and then Jeremy came on Friday and stayed the weekend. The kids were awesome. They were really good overall. Although I did have one evening where I thought I might lose my mind. They were absolutely insane for 2 hours straight. I've never seen them act like this. Picture this: 3 - 3 year olds and a 2 1/2 year old in a heavy metal rock concert style mosh pit. I'm surprised someone was not seriously injured (including myself since I was trying to be the ref). They were pushing, hitting, kicking, choking and bumping into each other and running from room to room. Then they also were getting up on the couch arms and jumping off onto each other onto the floor. It was like Wrestle Mania and the Running of the Bulls combined! Plus the noise level was unbelievable! (My ears were ringing.) I did not know what to do. I yelled so much and grabbed who I could as the ran by me (I was trying to fed Jeffrey while this all started) but it didn't matter. They were crazy. So I put in a Baby Einstein Christmas video thinking that would calm them down and it did the complete opposite. It made them even crazier. I finally gave up and sat down and then everyone finally collapsed while watching Sponge Bob. Luckily, after that night, things were smooth sailing.

Jeffrey inspecting her hair a little too closely. Here the little monsters are wrestling in the pack n play. They would climb into the chair next to it and jump into it. I'm surprised that thing survived. It was a wrestling ring.





Jeffrey loved being there. He got so much attention and there was constant entertainment, not to mention tons of different toys to play with.Plus he and Caden become best buddies. Caden played with him the most of anyone and Jeffrey just loves him. They could not get enough of each other. Caden was holding him on the couch Saturday morning for about 20 minutes. He wouldn't give him back to me! It was sorta like a little vacation for me. I mean it was a lot of work but I was out of my house and all I really had to do was take care of them. I didn't have a huge list of things to do like I do at home. So when all 5 kids were in bed, I scrapbooked!

Plus my Dad came over and entertained them one night and that was a lot of fun too. He was a human jungle gym.
We also started our own band. Everyone but Caden was playing an instrument and we were singing songs. Finally Caden joined us but there weren't enough instruments so Addison handed hers to Caden and ran into the kitchen. I thought that she was just being nice and going off to play something else. Next thing I know she comes running back in with this little broom that doubled as a microphone and guitar. It was so fun! They loved it!
Everyone taking a break together. A rare moment...

Here's Reese when she came home. Her little outfit was so cute. She's so little!

Here's Addison asking Aaron (aka Uncle George) a million questions about the baby. She was the first one up from a nap after they brought the baby home. She was hilarious.
Ethan crashed Sunday way before naptime. I think he'd had enough. He woke up a few hours later and was a new man! He's such a character.

No comments: