Addison, Ethan and Caden turned 3 in November. It's so hard to believe they are 3! They had an awesome party. Mindy really goes all out for her birthday parties and this year it was a Monkey theme! 
This is my niece Chloe next to Jackson on the porch. Her hair was so cute.


This is my niece Chloe next to Jackson on the porch. Her hair was so cute.
We took Jackson on the Polar Express to the Festival of Trees. He is in love with trains and watches the movie non stop so we bought tickets to go this year. I was worried that he would be disappointed that we were actually riding a school bus to the festival instead of an actual train. But he didn't care. I think he loved every minute of it. When the "train" left the mall, it stopped at McDonald's for hot chocolate (our fav part of the movie), and then went to the festival where the Mayor of Danville read the story and a children's choir sang songs from the movie. He got a tad restless towards the end (so did I) but the big surprise of the night was Santa...


Santa walked the isles after the story and randomly picked up children. We were sitting on the end of an isle and I was worried that he would try to pick up Jackson and he would freak out. Jackson is afraid of Santa so I was a little nervous. I was hoping that he wouldn't come over to us. Next thing I know Santa (a huge younger man, probably over 6 and half feet tall) is standing next to us and holds his arms open to Jackson, who is sitting on Jeremy's lap. He did not blink an eye and jumped into his arms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We could not believe it. I quickly snapped a picture! I was thinking that his opinion had changed but later on that evening when we got home, he told Granny that Santa is scary. Great....


We went back to the Festival of Trees another day so that we could take Jeffrey. He had no problem with Santa. He actually tried to pull his beard off. Jeffrey has a hair fetish, I'm surprised I'm not bald yet. He loves my hair especially when it's wet. Jackson wanted no part of Santa or the characters. He ended up crying because one of the reindeer or gingerbread men kept trying to come up to him. I finally had to tell it to stay away from him. Geez! 

Jeffrey turned 7 months old and is sitting up by himself. He is an eating and pooping machine. I so wish he was a napping machine! He sleeps pretty good at night but his naps are still unpredictable. I never know if he is going to sleep 10 mins or 2 hours. Very frustrating... He is so cute though and I think he looks a lot like my nephew Cael. 

This was the first time he's taken a bath without the tub seat. He's really been too big for the seat for awhile but he couldn't sit up on his own. I didn't think he was ready to sit alone in the tub but Jeremy did. He didn't even tell me he was giving him a bath like that, he called me in after he already had him in there. He does really well and still likes the bath.
Here he is in his froggy bath towel that Monica gave him. He is such a fat little toad. I hope he thins out a little when he starts crawling. He wears size 4 diapers and is ready to wear 5's! I'm trying to hold off on that until he uses up all the 4's. That's pretty sad when my 2 1/2 year old and my 7 month old wear the same size diapers. Someone's got a good base on him! Anyway, we didn't do a whole lot for Thanksgiving this year. I didn't have a meal at my house since I was afraid that Mindy would go into labor and I'd have all the food and wouldn't be home to cook it. So we ended up going to Granny and PaPa's for an evening dinner. It was the first time we'd done it that way and it was a nice change.
No comments:
Post a Comment