Thursday, April 17, 2008

Goodbye to Scrapbooking?!?!

Here's a pile of scrapbooking paper that's going into my yard sale in a couple months. So you must be wondering if I'm giving up scrapbooking since I'm getting rid of this???

Of course not!
Even though I did clear out about half of my patterned paper I still have more than enough left. I just went through it all and decided if I don't love it or "see" it on a future scrapbook page - it's going! I keep hearing Peter Walsh saying, "If it doesn't fit into the kind of home (or scrapbook) you want to have, get rid of it!"
I also read an article in the current issue of Creating Keepsakes about a designer's scrap room. I was astounded because she had very little storage. She said she uses up her supplies soon after she buys them. That really intrigued me because 80% of scrapbookers are supply hoarders. I use my stuff (meaning I'm not "saving" a certain piece of paper or embellishments for that special LO) but I just have a lot of stuff. I think it's better than it has been in the past but I could be doing better. Since I read that article, I've been thinking about getting rid of a lot of my supplies so I started with paper tonight. That's not all!!!! I also rearranged my paper too! I reorganized it all!! I use to store my paper by brand. I had a holder for Basic Grey, Daisy D, My Mind's Eye, etc. So I took a big plunge and organized it all by color. I read Stacy Julian's new book Photo Freedom and decided that her ideas for organizing photos could also work for organizing paper. (Mindy - I read the whole thing last night and finally understand it better. It's a better book than I originally thought, some things I am going to implement but there are some others that wouldn't work for me. ) Getting back to my paper - it was a big deal for me to do that. I just had to keep telling myself that if it didn't work I could go back to my old way. I just thought that maybe organizing it this way would help me build my LOs faster. We'll see how it goes. I'm glad I got rid of this paper though. It was worth the time it took. I also got this new Cropper Hopper cart today. It's on wheels so I can pull it out from underneath the counter. Bottom rack has one container of card stock and two of patterned paper. My scraps are in the black container-they are another issue. I need to go through them again and purge a bunch as well. They are so out of control! The top rack is mostly unfinished projects/LO or themed paper and embellishments organized together. I have a bag for Halloween, Christmas, and Valentine's. This is so much more organized than it ever has been. I hope it's going to help me be more creative.

Here's some more birthday pictures of Jeffrey. He really wasn't into the cake at all. He ate very little of it. I think Jackson enjoyed it more than he did. After his cake, he got his birthday bath which I think was the highlight of his day!


He splashed so much there was water all over the lens!


Happy Birthday Jeppie!

1 comment:

Runaway Farm said...

Good Job! You still have tons of paper -- don't think you will run out anytime soon! Maybe we can do some speed lo at the upcoming crop! I would love to use up some of my stuff!
Jeffie must be a meat and potatoes guy instead of deserts!