Friday, April 18, 2008

The tag stops here

I've been tagged by Mindy to blog about 6 random things. The problem is that I can't tag someone else!!! How sad is that! The only blogs I read are of people I don't personally know! Does that make me a stalker???? I'm sad, I should really go out and get some friends.

1. We had an earthquake very early this morning. Scared me to death. The pictures on the walls and the bedroom doors were shaking like crazy. Jeremy and I both jumped out of bed. He opened the door because he though Jackson was trying to open it. I thought we were having a tornado and ran to the window. The strange things you do when you're not awake and the whole room is moving!

2. We are in the process of a major overhaul of our house. Jeremy is picking up our new (used) fridge tomorrow. I know it doesn't make sense but we bought a used stainless steel side by side to match our stove. It looked like a really nice one and I'm sure it originally cost over $1000. We paid $350. I'm hoping that this is the biggest expense we are going to have besides carpet. We also need a new dishwasher. Ours is so horrible.

3. I like cleaning my house, organizing closets, and doing laundry. I know it's strange but I enjoy having order in our house. I'm not the best at it but I don't mind doing these things. I've come a long way from the way I used to live! When I used to live in a 2 bedroom apartment alone, I had one room full of dirty clothes. They were all over the floor and you could barely open the door. It was awful. I could not do this now because I don't own enough clothing to cover any floor! I also attribute this old practice to having a life. This was during a time in my life when I had friends who I went out with and had a good time and didn't come home till 4 am! Now I do not have a life so I have time to do laundry and clean!! : )

4. I need to go to the grocery store this weekend. UGHHH! I hate grocery shopping because I am the worst at making an actual grocery list. Plus tomorrow is Saturday and I HATE going shopping on weekends.

5. Jeffrey has started waving! He makes a noise that almost sounds like "Hi" too. It's so cute. He also hid his passi this morning right when we got up. Jerm and I looked for it for a good 20 minutes (I was 5 minutes late for work!). I finally remembered that he was playing in the fridge while Jeremy was getting milk out so I looked and it wasn't there. Jeremy said he moved over here to the trash can after I shut the fridge door. He opened the cabinet and pulled out the trash can and there it was. GRRRR! That boy!!!!

6. Mother's Day is 3 weeks from this Sunday! How did that come up so quick! I'm hoping that my husband will finally buy me that necklace I've been wanting from Lisa Leonard. I guess I better get on him about ordering it! We got Mindy one for her birthday and the more I look at it, the more I like it. I think I'm going to get a diff style though. Decisions, decisions, decisions!

No comments: