Monday, July 28, 2008

Jackson Today

Jackson Today

1. He helped me make a cake this morning. Jeffrey woke up in the middle of his nap so I went in to check on him. I told Jackson not to touch the batter. Well that's like saying "don't move" to a corpse - pointless. When I came back, his mouth was OVERFLOWING with batter and he had it all over his hand. He scooped it out of the bowl with his hand and shoveled it straight into his mouth. Nice.

2. He had to talk to Granny when I was on the phone with her this morning. So I handed the phone to him and he said "Hi Granny" and then shoved the phone back at me the second she started talking to him. Typical man.

3. He has been on a playing spree this morning. He got out the Geo Trax Trains, the wooden blocks, a Lego set, the Candy Land Castle game, and now race cars. He likes to play on the kitchen table so I made him pick up the last set of toys as he was started to get the new set out.

4. He and Jeffrey played in the dog kennel. I don't usually let them do this because the dogs usually have a breakdown about this. It makes them so nervous. Kelcee will try to get in the kennel with them too which is not a good thing. Two boys and a dog in a tight, cramped space usually only inhabited by dogs...not a good equation.

5. Jackson took a bath by himself while Jeffrey was napping and it was rather enjoyable. His baths lately have involved a lot of crying and screaming just because he doesn't want to do it. It seems to always be interrupting something very important that he's doing. I'm thinking that the boys may start taking baths alone occasionally. It seems to go a lot quicker and that way I get to spend one on one time with them.

No comments: