Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Goodbye

Our most favorite pet fish died last night.

I was completely shocked. Jeremy came home from work and fed him and then went to Liz's to mow. I took the boys over so Jackson could help and visit. When we came home, he was no longer with us. I ran into the bathroom to notify Jeremy so he wouldn't say anything in front of Jackson while we were eating dinner. I was sorta hoping that he wouldn't see it but of course he did. He and Jeremy were playing Wii and he came running into the bedroom and said, "Mommy come with me!" He showed me and we explained to him what happened. I thought he would be upset but he wasn't. Instead he says, "can I get a new one? I want a black one with spots." I said no we don't need to buy another fish right now. I'm not a big believer in replacing a pet the second the other one dies. It just doesn't set right with me. I know this was just a fish but we've had him for 1 1/2 years! Jackson got him for his 2nd birthday and he was the only one that made it out of like 9 fish. He was a good little pet. We were very proud of this little guy.

No comments: